What's new

looks nice, so jealous of your white monitor bezel, which dye did you use?

ah, the same as what @twistedsymphony used for his Egret restore, color looks spot on right?
Just wished I was able to get the same dye in my country, guess I will have to find an equivalent for it...

I'm sure you could probably get it on Amazon or something equivalent shipped from US? If not then it's highly likely a US member can on forward that to you.

I'm sure you could probably get it on Amazon or something equivalent shipped from US? If not then it's highly likely a US member can on forward that to you.
tried to get it via Amazon, but upon checkout I get an error it cannot be delivered to the chosen address.
Not sure what the policy is on shipping pressurized spray cans...

Ah so its an aerosol? I think usually they are not allowed to be sent via airmail. Sea freight is possible or maybe just get the paint in a tin without and then you can get those canned locally into a spray can.

Also maybe can get the paint code and have it mixed up locally if possible if they sell this type of dye.

Ah so its an aerosol? I think usually they are not allowed to be sent via airmail. Sea freight is possible or maybe just get the paint in a tin without and then you can get those canned locally into a spray can.

Also maybe can get the paint code and have it mixed up locally if possible if they sell this type of dye.
yeah I think that is the case.
I did check the specs from Duplicolor but can't find a clear color code, guess I will print the product sheet and ask a local paint shop if they have something close to it

Sanded and remedied. Topped with some clear coat.

IMG_1754.jpg

IMG_1755.jpg

Cleaned and polished up the marquee removing a fair portion of the scratched damage.

IMG_1751.jpg

IMG_1752.jpg

IMG_1753.jpg
gamenwatch,
You did an amazing job. I'm planning to do a similar thing to paint the yellowing front cover of NNC I picked up recently. I've never done a paint job before. Would you mind to share links or info of which Vinyl Spray and Clear Topcoat/Sealer products that you used? Thank you.

https://www.arcade-projects.com/threads/new-net-city-touchup.6618/page-2#post-104398 for the vinyl dye I used. I can't recall the clear coat.

However, Thchardcore is right. Appliance or automotive epoxy (especially within a spray booth) can give you the best results.
Thank you for replying. I don't know which products to get for epoxy. I need to learn more about it.
I'll test using vinyl dye white gloss and gloss clear on a plastic first to see how it'll look like before applying on the NNC front cover.

Back