What's new

Finisterre

Professional
Reaction score
I pulled the coin mech out of my New Net City, and tried to adjust it for quarters, only to learn that the little metal bit at the bottom is too small for quarters. Once the validator took the coin, it would get stuck because the switch lever was too bit for both it and the coin to fit in the coin sheath at the end.

Can this part be swapped out? What is it even called? I can't find it in the manuals I have, they don't go that granular.

I found a random place with one, but there is no telling on my end what it is configured for:
http://videotronicsuk.com/spare-parts/coin-handling/coin-selector-unit-nnc-coin-mech-cradle.html

DmBEnrjX0AEuipo.jpg

Which part are you talking about? If it's the metal wire that's blocking it you can bend it a bit to accept quarters. Pretty sure that's the exact model I had in my Blast City cabinets.

I ended up just throwing an any anycoin in mine: http://www.arcaderestoration.com/products/1/ACV2/Any+Coin+TM+V2.aspx

It's great for home use, but otherwise if you are putting the cabinet on location I could see just adjusting your existing mech.

Anycoin is fine. If you want to use the JP mech, USA Nickels are extremely close to a 50jpy piece. My net cities just take nickels but that would be worthless on location (as would an anycoin I suppose.)

Bend the coin switch a little. I had to do that on my blast cities and NNC.

Which part are you talking about? If it's the metal wire that's blocking it you can bend it a bit to accept quarters. Pretty sure that's the exact model I had in my Blast City cabinets.
This shows where it gets stuck here:
DmCRb-oW0AAmGcu.jpg

Anycoin is fine. If you want to use the JP mech, USA Nickels are extremely close to a 50jpy piece. My net cities just take nickels but that would be worthless on location (as would an anycoin I suppose.)
Yeah the machine is going to go to an event and accept money for donation to Hackers for Charity, so I am trying to get it in reasonable working order, Anycoin would be *ok*, but I would prefer the ability discriminate which coins are accepted.

https://www.hackersforcharity.org

This shows where it gets stuck here:
DmCRb-oW0AAmGcu.jpg
yeah so if you bend that metal wire a bit you should be able to get it to where it will let the quarter pass through but still trigger ok

yeah so if you bend that metal wire a bit you should be able to get it to where it will let the quarter pass through but still trigger ok
It was indeed that simple, it did the trick. Thanks.

my only concern - from experience, is that while getting it to take your desired coin, it will also take a lot of other crap.
getting a mech to allow a coin is easy, most of the parts are there to reject everything else.

the comparator i linked replaces the mech & microswitch and you just clip the coin you want into the mech and it compares it to what people insert.
they arent as acurate as cpu controlled multi-coin mechs, but they are better than mechanical mechs.

@stj indeed... I was able to do the adjustments for width and diameter, but it is indeed still able to accept some junk as it were. It cares not about the difference between a Canadian quarter and an American atm. I wound up putting this back into the machine that my son uses, and I'm going to find a better on-location solution. For now I can at least leave him a stack of quarters and take this out of free-play mode.

Back