What do you think about a Sub-Forum for 3D-Printing of Arcade Parts?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• defor wrote:

his template has the between-stick spacing wrong- especially odd as I gave it to him
      the OMG Twin, OMG Candy, VOOT/Force Twin and VOOT candy panels all have different spacing. and those are different from the home sticks too. I don't know what spacing Code Crank is using but it's possible he pulled it off the wrong panel for a VOOT candy application.

defor wrote:

I'd love to get some information of where to get some custom metalwork done and share some designs I've put together that may be of use- mostly folded metal designs that are of use to a few topics here
      If you find a good source for this I'd be interested as well. there are a few reproduction parts I'd love to have made that would require folded metal.

I've debated buying a metal brake but take up a shit-ton of garage space for the few instance where I'd need one.
      Buy My 3D Printed Parts: bit-district.com
      Follow my projects: instagram | blog
      My PCB list: VAPS
      My Cabs: VOOT | RFM | Vewlix F| FiF Jr. | KI2 | UMK3 | E29 | E29| Net City | DDR
    • twistedsymphony wrote:

the OMG Twin, OMG Candy, VOOT/Force Twin and VOOT candy panels all have different spacing. and those are different from the home sticks too. I don't know what spacing Code Crank is using but it's possible he pulled it off the wrong panel for a VOOT candy application.
      I've debated buying a metal brake but take up a shit-ton of garage space for the few instance where I'd need one.
      Yeah I gave him spacing based on the VOOT candy panels from photos on a french site but if memory serves me correctly, he put the centers of the holes where the outer diameter was- it's totally fine to play and doesn't feel bad at all, all the same, I'd like to repro the artwork properly and have it match up "correct" :)

(and you got me those scans which is awesome.. just need to sit down and do some vector work)

Didn't know a brake was what it's called- what could you use to cut the metal down cleanly?

Hell, I've got no garage at all, so even considering this is out of the question.
    • I've got vectorized art for the twin unit panels I can send you it could save you some time reusing some of the common shapes.

As for cutting metal you'd use metal shears. They make pneumatic and electric ones that let you cut nice clean lines.

I have a friend that used to own a auto customization shop so I had access to all this stuff. But he closed shop a couple of years ago and sadly all this neat equipment is in storage now.

Searching around apparently they make smaller bench top brakes and I can get some pneumatic shears for about $40... hmm something to think about.
      Buy My 3D Printed Parts: bit-district.com
      Follow my projects: instagram | blog
      My PCB list: VAPS
      My Cabs: VOOT | RFM | Vewlix F| FiF Jr. | KI2 | UMK3 | E29 | E29| Net City | DDR
    • defor wrote:

Kinda reviving a dead post here, but his template has the between-stick spacing wrong- especially odd as I gave it to him, after working with Franco to guesstimate the proper spacing.
      The panels are indeed great though. I had him run me the pair of panels he shows in his photos, and I've put together a "kit" to non-destructively convert VOOT DC sticks to the panel with proper AMP UP connectors. More on that.. eventually if there's interest.
      I'd be quite interested in that. An easy panel for VOOT would be awesome.
    • We also need some subforum about high scores, or to post youtube longplays or just to talk about games ... maybe i just missed it? or do you all just collect and dont have time to play at all?
      Video: Framemeister XRGB mini with XSync-1 and XCapture-1 │ Sony BVM-D20F1E
      DS: ST-V │CPS2 MultiKit │ CPS3 SuperBios
      MB: MV-1B │ CPS1 │ CPS2 │ CPS3 │ ST-V │ Naomi II │ G-Net │ TTX2
      SB: Street Fighter 1 (6 Button Edition)
      Superguns: MK30 Adcap │ Arcadeforge MAK Strike│ RGB's HAS
      Sticks: Madcatz TE2 │ 2x Capcom CPS │ 2x Neo Geo
    • nio wrote:

We also need some subforum about high scores, or to post youtube longplays or just to talk about games ... maybe i just missed it? or do you all just collect and dont have time to play at all?
      Hmm.....play?......what is this play?......I only ever have time to fix.........tell me more about this.......play....