What's new

Coyo5050

Professional
Reaction score
Picked up a Area 51 Site 4 PCB from a guy this afternoon. He booted it up on his setup before I left with it to show it was working. I came home plugged it in to my setup and nothing. Noticed I wasnt getting any activity on the 4 JAMMIT leds. Researching around I detached everything from the metal plate and disconnected the CPU board from the jammit board. I plugged in the power cable to both boards only and plugged in a VGA cable to see if anything came up. Nothing comes up on my computer monitor. Any suggestions? Am I somehow so unlucky that in a matter of a 15 minute drive home this thing decided to stop working!

If you have no LEDs lit then you definitely have a power issue. Break out your meter.

power led is lit just nothing on the jammit leds

ok. Could still be a voltage issue. Meter it to make sure.

5v is good tried adjusting it up to 5.15 and still nothing. Should I be checking the other voltages? Any other ideas?

ok got it working had to bring the voltage up to 5.40v. The game is very power hungry. I do still have one problem though, I don't get any sound. Any suggestions?

I know this is a very old post but I wanted to follow up on this in case anyone is searching. I picked up a NOS motherboard and finally got around to plugged it in to the Jammit board tonight, also using the same cables, and I got sound!!

So I now know the issue is something with the MB, just not sure what part of it is causing the problem tho.

Wait, are you still plugging the motherboard’s vga into your computer monitor? How the heck is that connected?

The two boards hook up directly...

aEJLoCh_d.jpg

You mentioned a VGA cable in the mix, where is that?

That was in regards to just testing something a long time ago, nothing I am doing currently.

Hmm, so this is weird. Sound works but the start button works only once to start the game but doesnt respond any time after that. When I reboot it doesnt work at all. If I leave it alone for awhile and then start it up start works once and not again just like before.

I have a second jammit board that I swapped in and the start button responds every time.

Supergun is fine, joystick is fine. Any idea what I should look for on the first jammit board for the start problem? This seems weird.

Back