What's new

rewrite

Multi Boyz Litigator
Immortal
Multi Boyz
Reaction score
So I've heard that TGM isn't on any of the multi-games because it requires very specific drivers and version of OpenGL that the other games don't. Wouldn't those drivers be on the HDD? Is it a matter of no one has them to implement in a multi, or is the issue in actually implementing them in the multi?

I mainly ask because a complete drive image of TGM3 popped up on one of those fancy torrent sites today and it has re-piqued my curiosity..

So I've heard that TGM isn't on any of the multi-games because it requires very specific drivers and version of OpenGL that the other games don't. Wouldn't those drivers be on the HDD? Is it a matter of no one has them to implement in a multi, or is the issue in actually implementing them in the multi?

I mainly ask because a complete drive image of TGM3 popped up on one of those fancy torrent sites today and it has re-piqued my curiosity..
I have the ArcadeModBios Type-X multi and it has both TGM3 and Otomedius on it. (Game list.)

As for the drive image you speak of, you should be able to just write that image that onto a hard drive and it will boot right up.

(I don't think it's drivers per se that cause TGM3 not to work, it's just that the hard drive itself has a specific install of Windows that it uses. The directory structure is different than what most of the other Type-X games use, if I recall correctly.)

Last edited:

I have the ArcadeModBios Type-X multi and it has TGM3 and Otomedius on it.

As for the drive image you speak of, you should be able to just write that image that onto a hard drive and it will boot right up.

(I don't think it's drivers per se that cause TGM3 not to work, it's just that the hard drive itself has a specific install of Windows that it uses. The directory structure is different than what most of the other Type-X games use, if I recall correctly.)
I must have outdated information...

2 issues I think I'd have with with just writing it.

1) I only have a Type X2, not an X.
2) I'd need a security dongle, no?

I have the ArcadeModBios Type-X multi and it has TGM3 and Otomedius on it.

I must have outdated information...

That drive image you speak of is most likely not cracked and you would need a security dongle, or just straight run it in the Type X loader for windows. I've played TGM on my regular PC so I know it works there, but on a Type X hardware it might be some "other" things needed.

That drive image you speak of is most likely not cracked and you would need a security dongle, or just straight run it in the Type X loader for windows. I've played TGM on my regular PC so I know it works there, but on a Type X hardware it might be some "other" things needed.
That's exactly what I thought.

Yeah, TGM3 won't work on a Type-X2 unless you have it on a Multi. (Your thread title threw me as it only says Type-X.)

Yeah, TGM3 won't work on a Type-X2 unless you have it on a Multi. (Your thread title threw me as it only says Type-X.)
Soooo, how would I get it working on the multi? :P

And the thread title is now irrelevant because my understanding was as it was in the first post. You corrected me with new info. :)

Anyway, yes... found a picture of the actual hardware and you do need a dongle:
http://www.tops-game.jp/special/inst/teteis_grand_master.htm

For that drive rip, though. If you had a Type-X, you could take that hard drive rip and put the cracked game files found online in place of the legit hard drive's files. That might allow it to boot without a dongle then. (I know this can work as I took a KOF drive image and put Spica Adventure and Trouble Witches on it and those booted.)

Soooo, how would I get it working on the multi? :P
And the thread title is now irrelevant because my understanding was as it was in the first post. You corrected me with new info. :)
Here's the AMB game list for the Type-X2 multi:
http://www.arcademodbios.com/typex2.txt
"# 27 Tetris Grandmaster 3 3 (NOTE: only on non HD Windows Build = VGA ONLY for all games)"

Soooo, how would I get it working on the multi? :P And the thread title is now irrelevant because my understanding was as it was in the first post. You corrected me with new info. :)
Here's the AMB game list for the Type-X2 multi:
http://www.arcademodbios.com/typex2.txt
"# 27 Tetris Grandmaster 3 3 (NOTE: only on non HD Windows Build = VGA ONLY for all games)"
Well I'm certainly not going out of my way to buy a second multi-game over TGM3... I have whatever one it was Darksoft sent emails out about around the first run of CPS2 kits came along.

EDIT: Well, god-damn. He's got Dariusburst now... T_T

Last edited:
Yeah the multi we sell is the same one AMB sells but it did not come with Tetris. I guess he has different kits based on what hardware you have. I tried to get it to boot by placing the cracked game files found online on the drive but it doesn't work.

Yeah the multi we sell is the same one AMB sells but it did not come with Tetris. I guess he has different kits based on what hardware you have. I tried to get it to boot by placing the cracked game files found online on the drive but it doesn't work.
If you feel like tinkering I can shoot you the entire uncracked drive image.

Not sure if that's up your alley, but I have it now, so if you want it, it's there. Another forum member's already PM'ed me about it and I sent it along through dropbox. Maybe someone outside of AMB can get it working.

As another user stated, you can take the dumped game files, put them in the TypeXsys folder, and rename the game executable to launcher.exe and it should boot.

Or, if the TypeX shell is like the TypeX2, you can create a text file in the TypeXsys folder called "anyexecute.txt". The first line in the file is the full path to the game executable (for example: "C:\TypeXsys\TGM\game.exe"). The second line is the starting path which is going to be the directory the game executable resides in (unless your doing something else, and you know what your doing).

So quick breakdown. Create "C:\TypeXsys\anyexecute.txt"
First line: C:\path\to\your\game.exe
Second line: C:\path\to\your\

The Ttxshell looks for this file before executing the launcher, and if it exists and is valid it executes the game.

There are some tweaks you have to sometimes do to get the TypeX games to boot on the X2. I'll look into TGM and let you know.

Edit: Also, if the drive image you have has a different version of TGM ( I think there was only one. ). Let me know and I can dump the files for you.

Edit: Also, if the drive image you have has a different version of TGM ( I think there was only one. ). Let me know and I can dump the files for you.
I honestly don't know. You're welcome to take a look at it if you'd like.

Also thanks for the detailed instructions for the TypeX :).

He's using the cracked Steam version for that one. If you do decide to play that, the game will only go as low as 1024 x 768 resolution, so if you run the TTX in a cab, you'll need a HD cab. Won't work in a Blast, E3, etc that only supports up to 640 x 480.

He's using the cracked Steam version for that one. If you do decide to play that, the game will only go as low as 1024 x 768 resolution, so if you run the TTX in a cab, you'll need a HD cab. Won't work in a Blast, E3, etc that only supports up to 640 x 480.
Well that's stupid, and misleading. Though I don't think that the game could ever run on VGA resolution if I'm not mistaken.

I can just buy a Steam Link and padhack a 360 controller and save a ton...

Well that's stupid, and misleading. Though I don't think that the game could ever run on VGA resolution if I'm not mistaken.
I can just buy a Steam Link and padhack a 360 controller and save a ton...
He has a workaround to run the TTX in a 15khz cab. But it cost extra.

What I meant was that I don't think that the arcade version of Dariustburst can be run in anything lower than 2x 1024x768. The game isn't built to support single monitor nor 31/24/15kHz.

What I meant was that I don't think that the arcade version of Dariustburst can be run in anything lower than 2x 1024x768. The game isn't built to support single monitor nor 31/24/15kHz.
That's why he is using the Steam version, it can run on one monitor in ultrawidescreen plus the Chronicle mode uses one screen and 720 and up.

That's why he is using the Steam version, it can run on one monitor in ultrawidescreen plus the Chronicle mode uses one screen and 720 and up.
Ah, I'd taken your mention of not being able to run on anything but HD as though the original release could somehow. I'm all cleared up at this point though, ha.

He's got a pretty misleading way of wording things as far as I'm concerned... Oh well, not much of any reason I can find that I'd need to do business with him anyway at this point.

Back