What's new

ZERO_MILES

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello there.

Does anyone know of a cross reference / equivalent / replacement for the M5m5178p_45 SRAM used on many CPS1 boards?

I'm having a hard time finding this exact part number, so I'm hoping to find a suitable "straight swap" part to fix my Final Fight.

Thanks

To help members in the future who might face the same problem as I did, the answer is:

Any 6264 RAM with an access time of 45ns or lower (so the suffix will be -45, -35, -25, -10, etc) in a 28 pin slim casing (non-smd) should work.

When repairing, it is also recommended to use parts with the "lp" (low power) code, since it should last longer and put less stress on the PCB.

I hope this helps.

Last edited:
To help members in the future who might face the same problem as I did, the answer is:

Any 6262 RAM with an access time of 45ns or lower (so the suffix will be -45, -35, -25, -10, etc) in a 28 pin slim casing (non-smd) should work.

When repairing, it is also recommended to use parts with the "lp" (low power) code, since it should last longer and put less stress on the PCB.

I hope this helps.
Humm... Better being correct and exhaustive ;)

They are 6264 type (not 6262) in 0.3" wide package (it's worth mentionning as they also exist in 0.6" package).
Anyway they are very common, cheap and easy to find.

LP makes really no difference, especially for home use. Those boards were used 10h a day 6 or 7 days a week. That's a lot of operating hours. For us collectors if we play a game few hours a week that's already a lot.

Back