What's new

Cereth

Enlightened
Reaction score
So I just picked up this relic of the past, troubleshooting things and figuring out how it's supposed to work. Currently, it shows a boot menu with the 18 games, and boots GigaWing during this menu. Pressing start on any game just makes the menu go away. Test and service button do not work, must be coined up with the mech.

Objective with this: get it in free play and be able to select a game at boot. I don't need a fancy menu, so if it can bypass the daughter board with jumper settings or something, that's cool. I'll get a newer multi some day for other games, but I want this one working anyway since I need volume for the business. I'd like to know how this thing is SUPPOSED to work as well, so I have a basis for what needs to be tracked down and repaired. I also got an error message? But wasn't sure if it was because I was messing with some cables or it just happened during the attract screen. Hoping to hear some info!

image0.jpg

image0.jpg

I have one of these but haven't used it much on my own gear. It spent most of its life at a friend's home arcade and did work like a champ there.

From what I recall the board is picky about voltage but as long as you're seeing the game menu and it's not doing an auto-reset you should be ok. Intended functionality is to coin up at the game menu screen and select the game with button 1, which would load the game. Test menu should be available via the test button on the A board once the game is loaded. What's nice (at least for me) is the configurations made in the test menu are retained even after loading a different game and powering down the board. That includes free play but you will still need to coin up at the game menu screen to select a game anyway. Menu will display if you hold down Start button for several seconds.

The games are all Pheonix roms and I've never seen that error before. Not sure what that's all about.

Exactly what I was looking for in info. I'll give it a try today! This is pretty much going to run one game at any given time on freeplay at a con, so as long as I can get there and either freeplay or wire coion to start or something I'm good! Will report, thanks :)

Back