SYS2X6 USB Dongle Rollup Pack

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• SYS2X6 USB Dongle Rollup Pack

Thankfully there is a LOT of 2x6 info out there already. These are key resources you should use if you have questions about anything. i.e. read these for an answer before posting to the thread for general 2x6 support. You may have the wrong media, or wrong I/O, or wrong 2x6 system for the game you’re trying to boot…

Namco System 246/256 Software List (incomplete but good for compatibility): goo.gl/CTrjM2
      MAME Source: github.com/mamedev/mame/blob/m…mame/drivers/namcops2.cpp
      Arcade Otaku: wiki.arcadeotaku.com/w/Namco_System_246/256
      Guru: members.iinet.net.au/~lantra9j…umps/system246/index.html

Here are some MEGA links (...I’m not hosting these) for the required CHD and dongle files.
      It's all from MAME -- some 2x6 games are not dumped, others are not publicly released.

CHD's: mega.nz/#F!B0Rg1aZA!a-rG0ncKrmnXzKbJuyWVnw
      Dongle Files: mega.nz/#F!R0BgyQpC!x0dduZpWcn1oTMyvrjdhIw
      Roms (100% optional): mega.nz/#F!F5p3jaAD!dE2sEettVA4u3JPw-tsy5Q
      Software to write dongle files: SYS2X6 USB Dongle (Software & Support)

Here is a spreadsheet to help match the dongle files and chd’s: goo.gl/56HGjT

In case you forgot, here’s how to convert a CHD file into its original state.
      Follow the instructions to extract, then burn with your preferred CD/DVD burning software.

As always, there's "chdman -?"

Verify your download with one of these options
      1) chdman info -i [input]
      look for the SHA1 listed, compare to the SHA in the doc
      2) chdman verify -i [input]

Then depending on the original media, use chdman to extract the original file(s):

"DVD"
      chdman extractraw -i [input] -o [output]
      e.g. chdman extractraw -i tef1dvd0.chd -o tef1dvd0.iso

"CD"
      chdman extractcd -i [input] -o [output cue file] -ob [output bin file]
      e.g. chdman extractcd -i vpn1cd0.chd -o vpn1cd0.cue -ob vpn1cd0.bin
      (if that throws an error that the data is not in CD format, try asking for an iso using the "DVD" format above)

"HDD"
      Very important! Identify your HDD location! This process extracts the CHD data directly to the target drive.
      One easy way is to type "CMD" to open a command window
      Then type "diskpart" to open diskpart (authorize admin if it asks)
      Then type "list disk" in the subsequent window
      You'll see all your drives, identify the target hdd by it's Disk #
      "Exit" to exit
      chdman extracdhd -i [input] -o [output] -f
      e.g. chdman extracthd -i fud-hdd0-a.chd -o \\.\PHYSICALDRIVE1 -f
      (so in this example, Disk 1 was my target, hence "\\.\PHYSICALDRIVE1" was used. Just adjust the number at the end)
      have multi: cps* ttx2 st-v gnet f3 mvs sega c2 sys2x6 naomi(netboot)
      want multi: pgm sys16/18/32 m72/92 atomiswave seattle supernova jms32 naomi(cart) namco na-1/2 namco sys10/11/12
      cabs: blast city x2, vewlix c
      klov games list | custom fight sticks
      current project(s): gamecube stuff

The post was edited 5 times, last by ekorz ().

• If you're going to distribute these as chds I would suggest including the appropriate version chdman to go with them.
      Buy My 3D Printed Parts: bit-district.com
      Follow my projects: instagram | blog
      My PCB list: VAPS
      My Cabs: VOOT | RFM | Vewlix F| FiF Jr. | KI2 | UMK3 | E29 | E29| Net City | DDR
    • twistedsymphony wrote:

If you're going to distribute these as chds I would suggest including the appropriate version chdman to go with them.
      good point, i just added the current version (these are v 0.199 chd's) to the root of the chd folder!

Yeah I originally wanted to decompress everything, but some hdd games extract to 80gb and I didn't have time to tool around with those (there's only 4-7gb of actual data). I haven't extracted and run them all, so if anyone notices anything off, let me know.
      want multi: pgm sys16/18/32 m72/92 atomiswave seattle supernova jms32 naomi(cart) namco na-1/2 namco sys10/11/12
    • Awesome documentation!

Your directions for making the CD/DVD/HDD is spot on. I find it easier to create a bat file and drag the batch file and the chdman.exe from folder to folder just opening the .bat file and changing the chd and iso names and create the images that way. I was able to create all of the images I was lacking pretty quickly.

PS = Pay attention to which CHD files you are unpacking. It's not so bad for bloody roar where its supposed to be a CD instead of a DVD but for Fate Unlimited Codes the file gets huge fast LOL.
      -My Stuff-
      Namco Sys 11 (Tek1&2 Ver.B, SE Ver.2 )
      Namco Sys 12 (Ehrgeiz, Tek3, TekTT, SC)
      Namco Sys 246 (Tek4, SC 2, some Gundam Games)
      Namco Sys 256 (Tek5 DR, more Gundam games)

Sega Showcase (TTX2 Multi)
      NeoGeo (161in1)
      Burgertime (Dedicated)
      Capcom Big Blue (HyerSpin)
      Namco cab (2x6 Multi)
      Dynamo HS-5 (Taito F3 Bust-A-Move Again)
      Atomiswave (Ranger Mission)
      Atomiswave (Naomi2 NetBoot)
      Area 51 (Dedicated)
      Z Back (Empty)
      Space Invaders Cocktail (Empty)
      Capt America and The Avengers (Dedicated)

The post was edited 1 time, last by Dreygor ().

• Using the above instructions, I've written 3 bat/cmd files to do the work for you for converting to CD image, converting to DVD image and Verifying your chd file.

For HDD games you're going to have to do it manually.

Setup:
      Place the 3 attached files into the same directory as your chdman.exe
      Rename them to .cmd, ie: CHDCD.cmd

Instructions:
      Drag your chd file into the appropriate .cmd file in explorer

First, verify your file by dragging into CHDVerify.cmd

Then:
      • For CD games drag your chd file into CHDCD.cmd
      • For DVD games drag your chd file into CHDDVD.cmd

When done, the file will appear in the same folder as the .chd
      Files
      • CHDCD.txt

(615 Byte, downloaded 30 times, last: )
      • CHDDVD.txt

(599 Byte, downloaded 33 times, last: )
      • CHDVerify.txt

(470 Byte, downloaded 28 times, last: )
    • Is Gundam Seed Destiny not dumped? It's not in the pack?

Edit: There seems to be a lot of missing stuff that according to Guru has already been dumped
      Would be awesome if we could get those missing ones in :)
      Additional Edit: Smash Court Tournament (tennis) should be a CD but chdman doesn't think it is and refuses to extract a CD, but will extract to a DVD?
      Another Edit: I have Gundam Seed Destiny (4x of them), if they really don't "publicly" exist then who do I send the dongle/DVD to to get this all sorted?

The post was edited 3 times, last by plasia ().

• Lol yea I have GSD myself and just noticed it’s not released. Those things are the cheapest game so they made good donors previously. I can rip the dvd but I don’t know how to dump the dongle.

The files on the drive are what’s in MAME. It’s complete from that standpoint. But there are many missing.

As far as I know, those other dumps just aren’t released. Not sure why. Maybe I’ll ask guru if there’s some reason, but if there are dumps anyone wants included just let me know and I can get them added to the drive.

@brizzo would need to make any dongle files though. Or let me know how to make/merge them.
    • ekorz wrote:

Lol yea I have GSD myself and just noticed it’s not released. Those things are the cheapest game so they made good donors previously. I can rip the dvd but I don’t know how to dump the dongle.

The files on the drive are what’s in MAME. It’s complete from that standpoint. But there are many missing.

As far as I know, those other dumps just aren’t released. Not sure why. Maybe I’ll ask guru if there’s some reason, but if there are dumps anyone wants included just let me know and I can get them added to the drive.

@brizzo would need to make any dongle files though. Or let me know how to make/merge them.
      You live a million miles closer than me, this one at least is easily fixable, make it so :)
    • plasia wrote:

Is Gundam Seed Destiny not dumped? It's not in the pack?

Edit: There seems to be a lot of missing stuff that according to Guru has already been dumped
      Would be awesome if we could get those missing ones in :)
      Additional Edit: Smash Court Tournament (tennis) should be a CD but chdman doesn't think it is and refuses to extract a CD, but will extract to a DVD?
      Another Edit: I have Gundam Seed Destiny (4x of them), if they really don't "publicly" exist then who do I send the dongle/DVD to to get this all sorted?
      GSD was definitely dumped already, I thought it was in MAME but maybe not?