SYS2X6 USB Dongle Rollup Pack

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• kuze wrote:

GSD was definitely dumped already, I thought it was in MAME but maybe not?
      Nope...

github.com/mamedev/mame/blob/5…rivers/namcops2.cpp#L1595
      have multi: cps* ttx2 st-v gnet f3 mvs sega c2 sys2x6 naomi(netboot)
      want multi: pgm sys16/18/32 m72/92 atomiswave seattle supernova jms32 naomi(cart) namco na-1/2 namco sys10/11/12
      cabs: blast city x2, vewlix c
      klov games list | custom fight sticks
      current project(s): gamecube stuff
    • hi ! just launched the multi

- first game I tried is SC2, won't boot without it's Memory Card, I have tried a PS2 MC but it won't format it. Looked for some tricks to bypass this and didn't find anything. Some discussions say it's only needed for Conquest mode, then my question is how is it possible to bypass the screen asking to put the MC to continue ? thanks

- I have tried Super DBZ, it needs to be extracted as a CD and not DVD but it works without any problem

The post was edited 2 times, last by archimage ().

• What other games have a memory card?
      -My Stuff-
      Namco Sys 11 (Tek1&2 Ver.B, SE Ver.2 )
      Namco Sys 12 (Ehrgeiz, Tek3, TekTT, SC)
      Namco Sys 246 (Tek4, SC 2, some Gundam Games)
      Namco Sys 256 (Tek5 DR, more Gundam games)

Sega Showcase (TTX2 Multi)
      NeoGeo (161in1)
      Burgertime (Dedicated)
      Capcom Big Blue (HyerSpin)
      Namco cab (2x6 Multi)
      Dynamo HS-5 (Taito F3 Bust-A-Move Again)
      Atomiswave (Ranger Mission)
      Atomiswave (Naomi2 NetBoot)
      Area 51 (Dedicated)
      Z Back (Empty)
      Space Invaders Cocktail (Empty)
      Capt America and The Avengers (Dedicated)
    • No other games?
      -My Stuff-
      Namco Sys 11 (Tek1&2 Ver.B, SE Ver.2 )
      Namco Sys 12 (Ehrgeiz, Tek3, TekTT, SC)
      Namco Sys 246 (Tek4, SC 2, some Gundam Games)
      Namco Sys 256 (Tek5 DR, more Gundam games)

Sega Showcase (TTX2 Multi)
      NeoGeo (161in1)
      Burgertime (Dedicated)
      Capcom Big Blue (HyerSpin)
      Namco cab (2x6 Multi)
      Dynamo HS-5 (Taito F3 Bust-A-Move Again)
      Atomiswave (Ranger Mission)
      Atomiswave (Naomi2 NetBoot)
      Area 51 (Dedicated)
      Z Back (Empty)
      Space Invaders Cocktail (Empty)
      Capt America and The Avengers (Dedicated)
    • version D is not the world version according to the sheet, it's the one that is working without the MC. I use the first version and it's working like a charm now, if you have a 256 don't forget to turn on the 246+ mode... burning the DVD is better a 1X speed for better compatibility with the drive. I have a Liteon and it works only when I burn at lowest speed.

I think I will stick with SC2 for a while, too much love for this game
    • rtw wrote:

To get conquest mode you need the PS2 memory card, which is not a PS2 memory card format.

But maybe @brizzo can make a version where you buy two dongles where one is a memory card :D
      I don't think you'd need a special dongle, you'd just need an image of an existing SC2 arcade memory card to write to a second one.

Conquest mode is actually pretty cool, it's kind of fun fighting against previous players/owners characters.
    • kuze wrote:

I don't think you'd need a special dongle, you'd just need an image of an existing SC2 arcade memory card to write to a second one.
      This morning I was sent two dumps from different SC2 memory cards. They are in fact not standard format as @rtw suggested. It also appears the dumps are bound to the dongle they came with. That means we cannot just write them to a new ps2 card and go :(

Will do some tinkering on my end. First thought is to transplant parts from a ps2 memory card onto the usb dongle pcb so I can do some experiments and see if I can get SC2 to initialize/format the hybrid card.

Another thing for you guys to consider is the SYS2X6 USB Dongle opens the door for making hacked and patched versions of games, but it will take time. Before this there was no way for our ps2 hacker friends to really experiment with 2x6, because it cannot be emulated
    • brizzo wrote:

kuze wrote:

This morning I was sent two dumps from different SC2 memory cards. They are in fact not standard format as @rtw suggested. It also appears the dumps are bound to the dongle they came with. That means we cannot just write them to a new ps2 card and go :(
      Will do some tinkering on my end. First thought is to transplant parts from a ps2 memory card onto the usb dongle pcb so I can do some experiments and see if I can get SC2 to initialize/format the hybrid card.

Another thing for you guys to consider is the SYS2X6 USB Dongle opens the door for making hacked and patched versions of games, but it will take time. Before this there was no way for our ps2 hacker friends to really experiment with 2x6, because it cannot be emulated
      Could you not use the dump for the same dongle that the memory card came with and is bound to?

Also I don't remember if the sc2 memory cards are magic gate protected using the arcade version, but if not you should be able to just write an image to any old memory card with something like ps3mca
    • kuze wrote:

Could you not use the dump for the same dongle that the memory card came with and is bound to?
      It is not bound to the SC2 dongle image itself, but to the magic gate boot id that is unique to each dongle.

kuze wrote:

Also I don't remember if the sc2 memory cards are magic gate protected using the arcade version, but if not you should be able to just write an image to any old memory card with something like ps3mca
      The SC2 memory card uses a retail PS2 magic gate, which can be read/write using ps3mca. What you are suggesting has been tried and does not work. Like I said, comparing two different SC2 mem card dumps they are encrypted/unique to the dongle magc gate chip they are paired with.
    • brizzo wrote:

kuze wrote:

It is not bound to the SC2 dongle image itself, but to the magic gate boot id that is unique to each dongle.

kuze wrote:

The SC2 memory card uses a retail PS2 magic gate, which can be read/write using ps3mca. What you are suggesting has been tried and does not work. Like I said, comparing two different SC2 mem card dumps they are encrypted/unique to the dongle magc gate chip they are paired with.
      Thanks for the clarification!

On the plus side if in theory a workaround is found, you could use whatever retail memory card you want.
    • twistedsymphony wrote:

I'm surprised there's no way for the game to format the card with the necessary files.
      Its another form of copy protection. Another example that is used a lot is that if the program is modified then weird things will happen like the inability to die. Which would make operating it for profit impossible. In the case of SC2 it takes away a major part of the game unless you have the original arcade memory card. In other words they made it like this on purpose.
    • plasia wrote:

Is Gundam Seed Destiny not dumped? It's not in the pack?
      GSD is now in the pack

Keep 'em coming ;)
      have multi: cps* ttx2 st-v gnet f3 mvs sega c2 sys2x6 naomi(netboot)
      want multi: pgm sys16/18/32 m72/92 atomiswave seattle supernova jms32 naomi(cart) namco na-1/2 namco sys10/11/12
      cabs: blast city x2, vewlix c
      klov games list | custom fight sticks
      current project(s): gamecube stuff