SYS2X6 USB Dongle Rollup Pack

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• rtw wrote:

plasia wrote:

Quick question: Is there currently a version of Soul Calibur 2 that we can play without having the conquest memory card? I think the answer is no but I am hoping I'm wrong.
      yes: soulcl2a-sc22vera.bin and with the D DVD. it will complain that there is no MC but allows you to start without.
      Why can't I triple like this??!
    • Finally getting around to downloading these, since my dongle should be showing up any day now. I'm sorting them on my own end by 246/256/either as well as cd/dvd/hdd...

@defor posted an excellent list for 246/256/either, but it's missing a few titles that are available on mega there:

• Ridge Racer V Arcade Battle
      • Vampire Night
      • Wangan Midnight / Wangan Midnight R
      • Taiko No Tatsujin 7-10
      • Time Crisis 3-4
      • Cobra: The Arcade
      I can make educated guesses based on the color coded spreadsheet up there (which is how I sorted them CD/DVD/HDD) but there's a decent amount of ?'s on that list. Anyone with more knowledge than me able to sort that handful? (not that I'm going to be playing them any time soon, since I think they all require special hardware I don't currently own)

Edit: There's also some mismatches I found, both on the 2 spreadsheets (the dongle cheatsheet vs the colored one) and in folder organization -
      • Super Dragonball Z is listed as DVD on the colored sheet, but CD on the dongle sheet
      • Quiz Suku Suku 2 is listed CD on the colored sheet, but DVD on the dongle sheet
      • Zoids Infinity EX Plus is listed as 246 or 256 on defor's list, but the dongle is under the 256_memcards folder
      Just trying to help an already awesome project, thanks to all who have contributed!

The post was edited 1 time, last by KalessinDB ().

• Are these Taiko files region locked or require something extra? I was going to see if there was a way to make an analog helper pcb however trying 7 and 10 result in no boot on a US 246 and a JP 256 brings up "SYSTEM 256 MODE SETTING ERROR" on boot

PEBKAC: They require the jumper on 256 to be set to 256 mode. Also Taiko 7 and 8 are in the 246 folder when they should be in 256.

The post was edited 1 time, last by sammargh ().

• sammargh wrote:

Are these Taiko files region locked or require something extra? I was going to see if there was a way to make an analog helper pcb however trying 7 and 10 result in no boot on a US 246 and a JP 256 brings up "SYSTEM 256 MODE SETTING ERROR" on boot

PEBKAC: They require the jumper on 256 to be set to 256 mode. Also Taiko 7 and 8 are in the 246 folder when they should be in 256.
      Good old PEBCAK lol. A classic.

You can wire a SPDT toggle for an easy 246/256 switch. Maybe I'll offer one in my ebay store sooner than later.
    • KalessinDB wrote:

Super Dragonball Z is listed as DVD on the colored sheet, but CD on the dongle sheet
      Quiz Suku Suku 2 is listed CD on the colored sheet, but DVD on the dongle sheet
      Zoids Infinity EX Plus is listed as 246 or 256 on defor's list, but the dongle is under the 256_memcards folder
      DBZ is actually a DVD, but the CHD in mame is encoded as a CD file. That's why the "CHD Encoding" column on this spreadsheet differs from reality. I'd love someone to rip it properly and get it into mame, so it can be officially a DVD.

Not sure on the other two, if someone can confirm and get MAME squared away I'd edit my sheet. In my opinion MAME should be the official source, and I'll update my docs after theirs is updated. I'm patient :)

KalessinDB wrote:

Ridge Racer V Arcade Battle
      Vampire Night
      Wangan Midnight / Wangan Midnight R
      Taiko No Tatsujin 7-10
      Time Crisis 3-4
      Cobra: The Arcade
      It's not complete info but these I know:

Time Crisis 3 is DVD and works on either
      Time Crisis 4 is HDD and 256 only (and I think it's a specific one)
      Vampire Night is CD
      have multi: cps* ttx2 st-v gnet f3 mvs sega c2 sys2x6 naomi(netboot)
      want multi: pgm sys16/18/32 m72/92 atomiswave seattle supernova jms32 naomi(cart) namco na-1/2 namco sys10/11/12
      cabs: blast city x2, vewlix c
      klov games list | custom fight sticks
      current project(s): gamecube stuff
    • ekorz wrote:

Time Crisis 4 is HDD and 256 only (and I think it's a specific one)
      yeah Time Crisis 4 is "Super System 256" and AFAIK the only game on that.

I don't think there is any difference other than the BIOS but TC4 wont work on a regular 256 and I don't think other games will work on the Super 256.

I'm holding out hope that TC4 gets patched to work on a normal 256 as I'd love to play it.
      Buy My 3D Printed Parts: bit-district.com
      Follow my projects: instagram | blog
      My PCB list: VAPS
      My Cabs: VOOT | RFM | Vewlix F| FiF Jr. | KI2 | UMK3 | E29 | E29| Net City | DDR
    • Hi.
      Since I've had to back out of the dongle project overall due to time and my attention pulled elsewhere for the last year, I'll be contributing here if you all can still use my assist.

I also have a few spare Battle Gear 3 versions that I'd love to send to someone for testing if they can (My test rig is currently down) to verify the exact versions, and apparently people have Brizzo's dongles.

Have all released games still, in almost every region variant.
      Also have more up to date data on the compatibility (The old google doc spreadsheet is seriously out of date at this point).
      If artwork and manuals are interesting, I also have the majority scanned, they just need cleaned and reformatted if anyone would like to work with me on making this happen.
    • @defor I’d be super happy to make sure any games and revisions get added to the current pack. I can get you an ftp login or if they’re already somewhere like Mega just point me to ‘em. Glad you’re back to help!
      have multi: cps* ttx2 st-v gnet f3 mvs sega c2 sys2x6 naomi(netboot)
      want multi: pgm sys16/18/32 m72/92 atomiswave seattle supernova jms32 naomi(cart) namco na-1/2 namco sys10/11/12
      cabs: blast city x2, vewlix c
      klov games list | custom fight sticks
      current project(s): gamecube stuff