SYS2X6 USB Dongle Rollup Pack

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• defor wrote:

My original plan for all this data years ago when I started collecting the system was to setup a dedicated wiki, although I'm not sure about doing this anymore, but with artwork, manuals, detailed operating notes, etc per game.
      I'm sure brizzo can get the ball rolling on this. Then others can take over.
      * Arcade-projects, the site where you get the most of your arcade games.
      * If you want Drama go to Neo-Geo forum ---Darksoft
    • I'll host it (sure that is not a problem honestly, with the member base here, but anyway) if you guys don't mind me only allowing modify access to established authors. Or, I will contribute if the admins here host it. whatever works. I'm not opposed to contributing to a great wiki, and I think most of us have arrived at a place where it makes sense to just wiki this to suppliment the MAME source and community guides, no matter where it 'lives.'

edit; I already use arcade otaku, and pcbotaku wikis a lot. A lot of this info is just scattered, obviously. A singular source would take a community effort, but I don't see that as a roadblock honestly.

The post was edited 2 times, last by skate323k137 ().

• Well now there are a whole lot of us who have multi-dongles and are eager to get this platform documented accurately (...selfishly for our own enjoyment but that’s beside the point).
      have multi: cps* ttx2 st-v gnet f3 mvs sega c2 sys2x6 naomi(netboot)
      want multi: pgm sys16/18/32 m72/92 atomiswave seattle supernova jms32 naomi(cart) namco na-1/2 namco sys10/11/12
      cabs: blast city x2, vewlix c
      klov games list | custom fight sticks
      current project(s): gamecube stuff
    • It seems Tekken 5.1 has some sort of region protection built into it. I'm using a Japanese 256 and can boot tekken51-te51verb.bin fine however tekken51b-te53verb.bin you hear "Good Morning" and then the game just sits at a black screen. Anyone else able to confirm this? I can go to the test menu when using te53verb but the game never loads.
    • archimage wrote:

once I had the same symptom with Tekken DR had to write the disc a 1X, it was my lieton drive's fault
      The other two binaries work fine with their respective dvd, I just cannot get that version to boot at all.

Edit: after comparing the dongle spreadsheet to the other "master" spreadsheet it appears that the wrong media is being suggested for tekken51b-te53verb.bin and it needs to be TE52-DVD0B.

It would be wise to compare the required images against a known good list such as the guru's at members.iinet.net.au/~lantra9j…umps/system246/index.html

And one more final edit, it seems that cards are region locked at least that's my assumption until I can try a US release. I have 8 cards that scan fine in the test menu for Tekken 5.1 JP and give NOT SUPPORTED in DR. Both give an error that they are unusable and using an incompatible format when in game.

The post was edited 3 times, last by sammargh ().

• sammargh wrote:

archimage wrote:

once I had the same symptom with Tekken DR had to write the disc a 1X, it was my lieton drive's fault
      The other two binaries work fine with their respective dvd, I just cannot get that version to boot at all.
      Edit: after comparing the dongle spreadsheet to the other "master" spreadsheet it appears that the wrong media is being suggested for tekken51b-te53verb.bin and it needs to be TE52-DVD0B.

It would be wise to compare the required images against a known good list such as the guru's at members.iinet.net.au/~lantra9j…umps/system246/index.html

And one more final edit, it seems that cards are region locked at least that's my assumption until I can try a US release. I have 8 cards that scan fine in the test menu for Tekken 5.1 JP and give NOT SUPPORTED in DR. Both give an error that they are unusable and using an incompatible format when in game.

This is correct, Tekken 5/5DR are the only games on the system that have discs specific to the regioning.

This is because the Japanese game versions use an internet based points store/ranking system whereas the region 2 (Export) and region 3 (USA) are self-contained and have no network play or ranking.

The black screen after "Welcome" is the normal error you will get with these, as well as a strange "game version" reported by the test mode screen.

EDIT:
      A better explanation:
      TE51B discs work with Japanese TE51 dongles, TE52B discs work with Export and USA (TE52/3) dongles.
    • Coyo5050 wrote:

Is the spreadsheet being updated with the new info discovered on the images?
      I can update this list that tells you which dongle to use, but I get the feeling there's going to be a bunch of edits coming so I'm just holding off for now. I don't have TE52-DVD0B anyway to test, it's not in MAME so it's hard to confirm.

The spreadsheet is built from MAME source @sammargh, which I figured was a decent starting point. I added the guru's site to the first post though, it's a good reference. I'd love to get all the info aligned but that'll take time. Good thing I'm patient.

e.g. here's where TE51B should be. If someone owns an original, please submit it to get mame updated!
      github.com/mamedev/mame/blob/6…rivers/namcops2.cpp#L1273
      have multi: cps* ttx2 st-v gnet f3 mvs sega c2 sys2x6 naomi(netboot)
      want multi: pgm sys16/18/32 m72/92 atomiswave seattle supernova jms32 naomi(cart) namco na-1/2 namco sys10/11/12
      cabs: blast city x2, vewlix c
      klov games list | custom fight sticks
      current project(s): gamecube stuff

The post was edited 1 time, last by ekorz ().