SYS2X6 USB Dongle Rollup Pack

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Dreygor wrote:

Following this close as I am trying to unpack an Area 51 Site 4 (yes, I know it's not a 2x6 game) onto a hard drive. I assume it's done the same way?

Is there any particular format the drive needs to be set to prior to doing this? IE .. Fat32? any cluster size?
      So, I went to diskmgmnt.msc and just deleted the volume completely off of my hdd and it did show it writing fate unlimited code. I'm about to try it in my system now

Edit: It would appear I underestimated how new my hdd was. It wasn't molex at all, so I cannot properly test that at the moment. Will acquire a different hdd asap and try again.
      Arcade stuff:
      Cabinets - Capcom Big Blue Dynamo with X-Men VS Street Fighter Marquee and control board art.
      CPSII - X-Men VS Street Fighter (US), Rockman The Power Fighters 2 (JAP), Vampire Savior 2 (JAP)
      JAMMA - Pandora's Box 5s, Spectral VS Generation, Tekken, Tekken 2, Ehrgeiz
      System 246/256 - Mobile Suit: Z Gundam, Mobile Suit: Gundam SEED 2, Tekken 5DR
      Hardware - Capcom CPSII Motherboard. CPSII to JAMMA/ELF converter. Card reader hardware. System 256, System 246/256 Universal Dongle.

The post was edited 1 time, last by UrnHurrell: Updating a reply in my original reply to avoid double-posting ().

• When you keep saying molex do you mean IDE connector for the data and the one you have is SATA ?

-My Stuff-
      Namco Sys 11 (Tek1&2 Ver.B, SE Ver.2 )
      Namco Sys 12 (Ehrgeiz, Tek3, TekTT, SC)
      Namco Sys 246 (Tek4, SC 2, some Gundam Games)
      Namco Sys 256 (Tek5 DR, more Gundam games)

Sega Showcase (TTX2 Multi)
      Burgertime (Dedicated)
      Capcom Big Blue (HyerSpin)
      Namco cab (2x6 Multi)
      Dynamo HS-5 (Taito F3 Bust-A-Move Again)
      Atomiswave (Ranger Mission+)
      Atomiswave (Naomi2 NetBoot)
      Area 51 (Dedicated)
      Z Back (Neo Geo)
      Space Invaders Cocktail (Empty)
      Capt America and The Avengers (Dedicated)
    • Dreygor wrote:

Following this close as I am trying to unpack an Area 51 Site 4 (yes, I know it's not a 2x6 game) onto a hard drive. I assume it's done the same way?

Is there any particular format the drive needs to be set to prior to doing this? IE .. Fat32? any cluster size?
      The filesystem does not matter, when you write the image it writes the file system for the drive. As to requirements you would have to look into the game itself but I think Area 51 just needs any IDE hard drive.

thekillerinstinctproject.com/kiproject/chdman.html you can follow the instructions here "Using CHDMAN to Write/Restore an Image to a Physical Hard Drive (File to Physical Disk)"
    • Dreygor wrote:

When you keep saying molex do you mean IDE connector for the data and the one you have is SATA ?

Yes ha I have a sata that I thought was ide
      Arcade stuff:
      Cabinets - Capcom Big Blue Dynamo with X-Men VS Street Fighter Marquee and control board art.
      CPSII - X-Men VS Street Fighter (US), Rockman The Power Fighters 2 (JAP), Vampire Savior 2 (JAP)
      Hardware - Capcom CPSII Motherboard. CPSII to JAMMA/ELF converter. Card reader hardware. System 256, System 246/256 Universal Dongle.
    • While not quite 246/256 related I think we might be able to apply this concept to the HDD games. The drive in my Area 51 Site 4 was flaking out on me so I looked into something SJLewis did and it works very well.

-My Stuff-

Burgertime (Dedicated)
      Namco cab (2x6 Multi)
      Area 51 (Dedicated)
      Z Back (Neo Geo)
    • Dreygor wrote:

While not quite 246/256 related I think we might be able to apply this concept to the HDD games. The drive in my Area 51 Site 4 was flaking out on me so I looked into something SJLewis did and it works very well.
      What's the benefit of doing this as opposed to just using an IDE DOM?

I'm generally leary of IDE to SATA adapters as most of them seem to introduce a delay on the initial access which can cause problem with a lot of hardware. (Notorious on the Original Xbox)
      Buy 3D Printed Parts: bit-district.com
      Projects: instagram | blog
      Games: VAPS | VOOT | UMK3 | RFM | Vewlix | FiF Jr. | KI2 | E29 | E29| Net City | DDR | Flash Beats
      Wanted Items | For Trade
    • I tried a few DOMs on area51 site4 but couldn’t get any to run. It’s picky with all optical drive substitutes, I’ve only found one that worked for me.
      have multi: cps* ttx2 st-v gnet f3 mvs sega sys24/c2 sys2x6 naomi(netboot) m72
      want multi: pgm sys16/18/32 m92 atomiswave seattle supernova jms32 naomi(cart) namco na-1/2 namco sys10/11/12
      cabs: blast city x2, vewlix c
      klov/vaps games list | custom fight sticks
      current project(s): waiting on such parts many wow. organizing console stuff.
    • ekorz wrote:

I tried a few DOMs on area51 site4 but couldn’t get any to run. It’s picky with all optical drive substitutes, I’ve only found one that worked for me.
      Exactly. I originally wanted to use a regular IDE to SD card but 90% of them out there will not work.

I wanted to get away from using a regular hard drive as every little jostle would make them stop working. In addition no more mechanical parts means they last allot longer. I can tell you there's no delay here and the games run much faster.

rtw wrote:

Nice @Dreygor can you share the specifications of the devices you used or links to where they might be bought ?

Yeah these were the ones I bought. Did not have any hardware problems with them. I just needed to figure out how to properly make a drive.

ebay.com/itm/3-5-PATA-IDE-to-S…ksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

https://www.ebay.com/itm/HP-Apacer-16GB-MLC-SATA-Module-HF-8C-F1DD2-LR10B-PN-689057-001-TESTED-SKU201682-/173742448116?oid=173717909557
      -My Stuff-

Burgertime (Dedicated)
      Namco cab (2x6 Multi)
      Area 51 (Dedicated)
      Z Back (Neo Geo)
    • Dreygor wrote:

ekorz wrote:

I tried a few DOMs on area51 site4 but couldn’t get any to run. It’s picky with all optical drive substitutes, I’ve only found one that worked for me.
      Exactly. I originally wanted to use a regular IDE to SD card but 90% of them out there will not work.
      I wanted to get away from using a regular hard drive as every little jostle would make them stop working. In addition no more mechanical parts means they last allot longer. I can tell you there's no delay here and the games run much faster.

rtw wrote:

Nice @Dreygor can you share the specifications of the devices you used or links to where they might be bought ?
      Yeah these were the ones I bought. Did not have any hardware problems with them. I just needed to figure out how to properly make a drive.

ebay.com/itm/3-5-PATA-IDE-to-S…ksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

https://www.ebay.com/itm/HP-Apacer-16GB-MLC-SATA-Module-HF-8C-F1DD2-LR10B-PN-689057-001-TESTED-SKU201682-/173742448116?oid=173717909557
      I bought this converter and an 80GB SSD all for around $20 US. Stoked to try this out!

Separately, for the touchscreen games, can I just use any pc touchscreen monitor, or do I need a special I/O board and monitor for it? It isn't a big deal if I can't play these, but if I can, I just want to get them to work. I've dived into the tinkering part of this, and want to get as many of these 2x6 system games able to be played on my machine I'll be building soon.
      Arcade stuff:
    • I am also interessted in whats the current state of deive replacement on the 256. Can you use sd or similar instead of hdd, cd and dvd? thanks
      Video: Framemeister XRGB mini with XSync-1 and XCapture-1 │ Sony BVM-D20F1E
      DS: ST-V │CPS2 MultiKit │ CPS3 SuperBios
      MB: MV-1B │ CPS1 │ CPS2 │ CPS3 │ ST-V │ Naomi II │ G-Net │ TTX2
      SB: Street Fighter 1 (6 Button Edition)
      Superguns: MK30 Adcap │ Arcadeforge MAK Strike│ RGB's HAS
      Sticks: Madcatz TE2 │ 2x Capcom CPS │ 2x Neo Geo
    • For what it's worth I reached out to one of the makers of those sata adapters that claimed ATAPI support for HDs with regards to the optical drives. Turns out they all use the same marvel controller and when looking into them none of them fully support the ATAPI standard so no on-market adapter currently will work for optical.

That said though it's really easy to get a replacement dvd-rom still thankfully and not too expensive either.
    • New

Is there a list of which combinations of Soul Calibur II dongle and disc work without the memory card?

I'm trying to test this game out on the ATAPI ODE and I'd like to rule out simply using the wrong combination
      Games: VAPS | VOOT | UMK3 | RFM | Vewlix | FiF Jr. | KI2 | E29 | E29| Net City | DDR | Flash Beats
      Wanted Items | For Trade
    • New

archimage wrote:

japanese game worked for me, export are stuck with the memory card
      SC2 has 3 keys:
      sc23vera
      sc22vera
      sc21vera

and 2 DVDs:
      sc21-dvd0b
      sc21-dvd0d

the combination listed as the Japanese version in MAME is: sc21vera and sc21-dvd0d?
      is this correct that this is the only combination that works without the memory card?

I want to be able to test as many combinations as possible.
      Wanted Items | For Trade