What's new

Sjlewis78

Student
Reaction score
I have a Lethal Enforcers 2 board which I never use in my gun cabinet. Can Konami GX games be converted?

Most of the games of interest (Salamander 2, Sexy Parodius) use the same type 2 sub board. Any knowledge out there on these. I asked Jeeves but he didn't find any info about it on the world wide web.

If you do convert it, I'd love to snag the little Gun I/O board off of you.

Not sure it's possible. I don't know how the security was implememted on the titles noted beyond what's in the Mame driver.

I have the same game and same question. LE2 is a lot cheaper than some of the other games.

There is a video of a guy doing one on Youtube, but I haven't hit him up. I figured someone here would eventually do a multi, it's got some great shooters!

Please post if you find out info though, I would love to get a S2!

Some games have a specific protection (usualy a Xilinx FPGA) which needs to be by-passed.For example Salamander 2, according to MAME source, uses this protection only for ship movements during attract mode.

Some games have a specific protection (usualy a Xilinx FPGA) which needs to be by-passed.For example Salamander 2, according to MAME source, uses this protection only for ship movements during attract mode.
Salamander uses the sprites protection also :(
Some games share the same protection, but all of them protect the sprites. Some protect more as 'new feature'

Lethal enforcers 2 and the parodius above are the only unprotected games.

I was working on porting the protection / sprite code from unprotected parodius over to twinbee sadly never finished it.

@Hammy can you help me with mine? Its' a no go.. it keeps rebooting on the rom ram check (all ok).. i just did the same exact thing in your video, removed TTL, programmed the roms (all ok), i even wrote the NVRAM but no luck. i have 3 jumpers JP5, JP6 and JP7, only the first one was jointed to the left, i tryed to match the original (jp5 right, jp6 left, jp7 right)board but still nothing.
Then i went to remove all jumpers (also JP8) still nothing.
I also noticed that in the rom set there's no 31B rom but instead is 21B. Also tryed with 34K on the motherboard (found in the Euro version, fantasy Journey) but still nothing..
I don't understand what i'm missing here... driving me crazy!
Board was Lethal Enf 2 and was working flawless, so no doubts on the pcb itself...

Last edited:
Hi yes, the mame roms are strange / named wrong.

Send a pic of your board over and hopefully i can spot the issue.
Normally the program runs fine, but game has GFX errors.

Infact, the game will run without gfx / sound roms so be looking at line damage or something in this case.

Infact, the game will run without gfx / sound roms so be looking at line damage or something in this case.
Here's my board https://ibb.co/qJGQFqd

No matter if i change jumpers, but maybe thats because i should not use the euro version? What about missing 31B? There's also another one is missing, wich is 13g 8|
Ps: 30G is double writed, i know that was supposed to be 27c800 so i've double it up like i normally do

Looks good and should run, must be using wrong program code, use gokuparo for the 4096's.
If not bad soldering / bad connection.

Jumpers look slightly wrong too
JP 7 goes to 1m
JP 5 goes to gnd

When it's running you can run mask rom check and it will tell you if the GFX roms are good.

No matter if i change jumpers, but maybe thats because i should not use the euro version? What about missing 31B? There's also another one is missing, wich is 13g 8|
Ps: 30G is double writed, i know that was supposed to be 27c800 so i've double it up like i normally do
That 27C240 you're using, I'm pretty sure that's only 256Kb not 512Kb. Could be your issue.

Got it :)
Thanks for the help guys. I changed 21B and 27B to Gokujou, finally have this! 8o
My jumpers are: JP5 right, JP6 empty, JP7 right. I borrowed this from a picture.
27c240 are, also, 512k x 8 ;) Basically, 4096, 4002 and 240 are the same exact type, i used them as 4002 while burning with my programmer.

Attachments

• eprom_27C4096_pinout.jpg
    eprom_27C4096_pinout.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 474
Last edited:
Anyone know the proper sized standoffs for to go between the main and sub pcb? I have a RUN N GUN 2 I want to get mounted properly. Bought it separate from the mainboard, and didn't get the filter PCB, so I ended up cutting traces on the mainboard and running a cable from the sub PCB RGB Output to the JAMMA connector on the mainboard.

i have a 2 gx board

the parodius 1 and sexy parodius one is stock on the rom check the other just dies, as i can see some of the capacitors in the rom is already busted, if im gonna replace the capacitors will it be running again after i reset the gx system?

It's konami, so i doubt a couple of caps will fix it.

A common fault is the 056766 falling off / loose

Otherwise it's most likely a problem with something else ram, customs etc.
Best practice to look over the board with a magnifier to inspect for bad pins on the many surface mount chips.
With a bad EEProm it will still run.

Very Hard to fix but there is schematics:

https://www.arcade-museum.com/manua...orcers_II_Gun_Fighters_Instruction_Manual.pdf

Back