What's new
no news on converting any puzzle Type 2 into Salamander 2 or Some of the other shooters? :(

Bootleg Sexy Parodius?
https://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/o362817245

i-img640x480-1576722737he3giz262635.jpg

definitely not an original Konami Sub Board/ROMs but it looks like it's replicating the ESC protection setup rather than having patched it out.

That's something! Would be interesting to get a dump from it.

There's also some single layer bootlegs running FPGA's but they have graphics issues. (there was a soccer one on ebay for a long time overpriced...)

Another thing, the originals have a pin header what i think is for programming the chip.... This bootleg has it too!

I tested the same 'number' chip with another game and it did not run, the konami custom will be programmed data for each game like CPS1 i think.

Maybe it's possible to get one decapped or something to see what's happening inside... i have a few spare chips for decapping 'donors'.

I didn't bid, don't know if anyone else got it. it went for more than I expected for a bootleg.

Yeah £100 max i'd say. Thats what standard parodius conversion with real rom boards go for...

Next time you see one keep it on the D-lo and just bid. When auctions are posted in forums more people are likely to bid.

Jumped in this boat too ! Thank you @Hammy for this imbold ! I'm praying to get some news from @Apocalypse for a S2 conversion ... maybe are some progress about ! :saint: ^^

Does anyone has archieved to make a conversion from Konami GX Type 3 to Salamander 2? I have a Soccer Superstars Type 3 and I would love it, xD

Apologies for the necro bump but are all GX motherboards interchangeable?
sort-of

There are 2 revisions, and a few different variations on how the connectors are arranged for the ROM-boards.
Electrically all of the mobos work with all of the games. and physically all of the mobos work with all Type-2 ROM boards.
but some of the Type-1, Type-3, and Type-4 games have different connector configurations and will only work with a mobo with a matching connector configuration.

Mostly it's that some (Type-1, 3, or 4) ROM boards are configured to only work when mounted UNDER the Mobo, and not all Mobos support this.

Does anyone know if the following three rom boards can be converted to Gokujo Parodius?

Winning Spike
Soccer Super Stars
Taisen Puzzle Dama

G-Parodius came with a Type 2 Sub board: PWB454204A
g_parodius_mine.jpg

Taisen Puzzle Dama uses the same model Sub board

Soccer Super Stars is a Type 3 board and will not work.

Winning Spike uses a unique Type 2 PCB with Xlinx FPGA based protection PWB454204A
it's possible that it could be made to work but hard to say without diving into it.

Last edited:
Winning Spike uses a unique Type 2 PCB with Xlinx FPGA based protection PWB454204A
it's possible that it could be made to work but hard to say without diving into it.
Thanks!

Think it’s worth the effort/risk to try? What are the Vegas odds it’s possible in your opinion?

Think it’s worth the effort/risk to try? What are the Vegas odds it’s possible in your opinion?
do the conversion in MAME first and see if it works there.

it's really not about "odds" it's about if you understand the address mapping of the ROM board well enough to know what needs to be modified.

Back