What's new

chinitosoccer

Student
Reaction score
What does a Naomi board should show on the screen when connected without any game cart or Dimm+gdrom/netdimm connected to it?? both of my N2 mobos boot into a black screen doing this, I don't have any game cart to test these atm, how can I check if they are operating 100% without any game /rom plugged in??

You should get a splash screen with an error, even without a cart. Black screen, as we discussed on the other forum, means the board isn't booting.

Have you checked voltages on your sun PSU?

Should the boards not boot if the voltages are 3,3v ~ 3,4v and 5v ~ 5,1v? I have found very dificult to adjust to the exact 3,3 and 5.0v required values using a screwdriver on a analogue potentiometer.

What does a Naomi board should show on the screen when connected without any game cart or Dimm+gdrom/netdimm connected to it?? both of my N2 mobos boot into a black screen doing this, I don't have any game cart to test these atm, how can I check if they are operating 100% without any game /rom plugged in??
i think some n2 are a little bit slow in booting. could you leave then for 30s to see if something happens? e.

Yeah voltages are fine. How are the super caps? Are the fans spinning?
All fans spinning, I don't know about the supercap but I have been told that those going bad wouldn't prevent the board to boot, only problem is that the board will not save settings/scores and data (games) stored in the Dimm board Ram.

i think some n2 are a little bit slow in booting. could you leave then for 30s to see if something happens? e.
I have left them running for about 10 mins....nothing.

The board doesn't require the super cap, but if the cap fails it can leak and damage traces that will prevent the board from booting.

hi. flipping the dip switches have any effect? does it came with the stock bios? can get a eprom writer to get a new bios?

Yes, both mobos have their stock bios, I already fiddled with the dipswitches and I still get a black screen.

i was thinking that maybe the bios eprom is bad and replace it with a hack or stock version to see if it makes a difference.

e.

I have a pair of naomi unibios coming my way so we will see if the bios eprom is the cause of the pproblem.

yes, if it does not work, then something more complicated is the problem. e.

Back