What's new
Anything is better than the 5pb port we've had on the 360.
I hope there's high res assets of this great game, M2 did a great job on the 360 ports before :)

Really? Better than Play Asia? I think it might cost more through Amazon if I have to get a proxi company to get it to me.
It cost me around 77 euros. Amazon.co.jp ships internationally, no problem. Just do a another tap open with Google Translate and you're good to go.

What all extra is there in the Amazon release? That's about $20 over Play-Asia.
To be honest, I didn't check :D . Went blindly on the tweet from Elixir (Amazon link) - but it seems there is a Deathtiny Instruction Card added.
Beep has even a more cool feature, they have a reproduction CAVE carton box! (Beep link) (picture is from Garegga rev.2016 box bonus)
0810091533_5b6cd925bc752.jpeg

But I believe we're derailing a bit..

still waiting on buying the japanese ketsui for ps4 - the last game that was released on that label was battle garegga and the japanese version was only a download code - the only disc version according to play asia was the korean one which i got.

Just dumping ROMs usually doesn't affect games (look at current prices for retro games on NES/SNES/PCE for example) however, being able to pass off a conversion as the real deal would definitely allow scum bags to sell less expensive games for more money.
That is usually not the point from the owners of the Intellectual Property. The old cartridges already have been sold, they can't sell them again. The high prices for retro does not go to the original publishers/creators.Why most of the time IP owners are so protective, is when they want to reuse the brand on newer consoles/machines; with respins or re-makes. They believe people who are using/playing their old ROMs will not buy the newer ports/re-spins.
Same goes for CAVE (or whoever owns the CAVE-IP).
I also don't think having some CAVE shooters available on MAME right now has lowered the prices of the PCBs, or the demand for new games coming out. I just pre-ordered the CAVE re-release game on PS4, so for me it didn't!
I've got plenty of experience in related collectors markets and I agree on pricing. If anything, remasters and re-releases increase the value 99% of the time as awareness grows and the laws of supply/demand take over, plus there will be a contingent of collectors that just have the original print run version.

To be honest, I didn't check :D . Went blindly on the tweet from Elixir (Amazon link) - but it seems there is a Deathtiny Instruction Card added.Beep has even a more cool feature, they have a reproduction CAVE carton box! (Beep link) (picture is from Garegga rev.2016 box bonus)

This is actually exactly the kind of thing Cave needs to be doing themselves. I bet there would be a surprising number of takers for things like exact arcade kit reproductions that are complete in every way but having no PCB in the box, $100 coffee table artwork books, poster and print runs licensed out and actually available on a continuous basis, getting Steam PC releases out the door, etc. It's one of those "what part of I'm trying to give you money don't you understand?" situations. They just need to properly market it to the English-speaking gaming press properly.

As for recreating the PCBs themselves, I've looked into it and the only thing that seems to be NLA on the CV1000 from the chip lists and photos I can find is the Yamaha sound chip. Given how many Yamaha sound clones have been made over the years, I'd be surprised if there wasn't a clone that could be used with low/no code changes. Even the SH3 is still available from Renesas (and it looks like the SH4 is binary compatible anyways). Though at this point they would be money ahead to re-do the graphics in high res for a PC/console release and make sure a NESiCAxLive release gets out the door, assuming they still have any of the original code.

the only thing that seems to be NLA on the CV1000 from the chip lists and photos I can find is the Yamaha sound chip
how about Altera MAX CPLD ? ie it's internal configuration firmware

no surprise SHx CPUs is still available, as they was used in car navigation systems, ECUs, etc, if Im not mistaken prior to nowdays.
SH4 is instruction set compatible with SH3, but they are different in other parts, so software for SH3 will not work on SH4 without code modifications.

how about Altera MAX CPLD ? ie it's internal configuration firmware
There's still quantities out there from a number of places according to Octopart. If anything, the Altera Cyclone EP1C12 FPGA is more rare these days (though still available). I'm guessing there's major issues moving legacy code to more modern Altera Cyclone/Max chips?

Last edited:
@randomdoohickey I was talking not about IC availability, but it's configuration firmware, which is programmed in the chip and cant be dumped.
For dumps, yeah, but if you're Cave with the original code, any issues going to a more modern Altera Cyclone/Max for a re-print of the old boards?

To be honest, I didn't check :D . Went blindly on the tweet from Elixir (Amazon link) - but it seems there is a Deathtiny Instruction Card added.Beep has even a more cool feature, they have a reproduction CAVE carton box! (Beep link) (picture is from Garegga rev.2016 box bonus)

The de-rail continues! :P

I emailed Play-Asia to find out which of the three bonuses, if any, they are including. I personally think the 1983 is the best, then the Beep one. The Amazon one seems, eh.

ANSWER:

Dear xtrasmiley,

Thank you for reaching us about your concern on the pre-order bonus. I am
afraid that it cannot be confirmed at the moment. But I will be checking
this with the respective team. You can assure that you will get the detail
within this week.

I would just like you to be aware that pre-order bonuses will be in a form
of 'first come, first serve' basis. Only a number of stocks will have the
bonus. If your order made it to the cut-off, then, your game will come with
a bonus.

Should you have other inquiries, remember we are just an email away.

Thank you for always choosing our service.

Best regards,

Eunice Lapitan
Playasia Customer Support
Email: cs@play-asia.com
Telephone: +85231450013

Last edited:
Email back from Play Asia, pretty quick, but no solid answer yet.

I just want to add, if you are going to order this, do it through Play Asia, Beep, or 1983, don't use Amazon as these small companies need our support, Amazon does not.

Off soapbox now!

Sorry, this derail is longer than the OPs first post... sorry OP, but here is the Play Asia reply:

Dear XtraSmiley,

This is an update of your PS4 game Ketsui Deathtiny: Kizuna Jigoku Tachi
(order #x).

After further checking, the game comes with DLC bonueses and here is the
box contents below.

PS4 Game: Ketsui Deathtiny Kizuna Jigoku Tachi
DLC: Game Mode - IKD 2007 Special (2007 Cave Matsuri Ver.)
DLC: BGM Set - Virt Arrange
First-print production bonus: 48-page booklet ***While supplies last***

If you need further assistance, just drop us an email and we will try to
respond in a timely manner. Once again, thank you for patiently waiting for
our confirmation.

Best regards,

Catherine Lim
Playasia Customer Support
Email: cs@play-asia.com
Telephone: +85231450013

Follow us on social:
FB: www.facebook.com/playasia
TW: www.twitter.com/playasia
IG: www.instagram.com/playasia

If you are going to order this, do it through Play Asia, Beep, or 1983, don't use Amazon as these small companies need our support, Amazon does not.

Back