What's new

sammargh

Professional
Reaction score
This summer I was lucky enough to purchase a Net City cabinet from a user on this forum! Yay!
image0.jpg
This is how the cabinet arrived. Overall in pretty decent shape. One of the speakers was blown and the control panel had seen better days. I started off first by opening it to replace the speakers as the blown speaker was pretty annoying. I used the Pioneer car speakers that have made rounds on the internet and started stripping things away.

image1.jpg
image3.jpg
As you can see when I was inside the cabinet I came to the realization it had never been cleaned internally ever so I set about to clean it from top to bottom while it was open. That nicotine tar is a nightmare to get out but it was necessary and great now that it's done. The speakers sounded amazing once everything was put back together.

image3.jpg
I got the fantastic JAMMAFIER which allowed me to use all my Jamma pcbs as well as my fastio x3 setup. Unfortunately the X3 is so large that it cannot fit inside the Net City but it works and that's all that matters. I also obtained a Nesica x Live panel because of the great button layout which allows for easy Neo Geo setup or really any game.

image0.jpg
Also grabbed the Zombie Revenge analog panel because it looks nice and why not?

image4.jpg

I was able to contact some people in Europe to locate NOS parts for the control panel (mine had a gigantic chunk out of the top of it and was pretty dirty), NOS Badge, some 3d printed screw covers and some custom art work for my 2p12b panel to give the final product a little twist. There's no panel art I'm aware that has the Net City logo and a 2p layout, all I know of are the 1p all net panels.

image6.jpg
Got to work on the 2p12b panel by mounting the art to the control panel, cutting out all the holes, mounting the buttons/sticks and wiring it all up.

image0-1.jpg

Here's the end result after a few months of work, I'm really happy with the outcome of this project and can finally play games on it without having nagging about wanting to finish fixing it up :)

Attachments

• image2.jpg
    image2.jpg
    611.4 KB · Views: 481
  • image1.jpg
    image1.jpg
    735.2 KB · Views: 446
I'LL HAVE YOU KNOW I ONLY BLEW MYSELF UP AND MADE MY CAB REBOOT ONE TIME
qwGxcgMl.jpg

The game actually uses the type 3 JVS IO in the newer Sega platform so I can't wire up lamps unless I want to do an io swap and make a cable and blah blah and I'm lazy. I'm also really smart and bought the wrong side of the plug to the JST header in the control panel BUT the right crimps so whatever. Ground was not put on the 1p/2p connectors so I didn't have a way to do inputs. I'm good at being ghetto.
Xj66py6l.jpg

It works. It also seems the output header from my IO is faulty as I can pull 12V from it but using the output test I do not get any activity across the lamp pins.. I can't be bothered.

It also seems the output header from my IO is faulty as I can pull 12V from it but using the output test I do not get any activity across the lamp pins.. I can't be bothered.
How are you trying to wire it?

It also seems the output header from my IO is faulty as I can pull 12V from it but using the output test I do not get any activity across the lamp pins.. I can't be bothered.
How are you trying to wire it?
There's two 12V lines next to the two ground lines for 1p/2p 12V to LEDs. I wired that to pin 1 on the 8 pin which is the bottom plug in the picture and plugged that into the output port on the far left pocket of the cab (NOTE: NOT ANALOG 8 PIN THAT IS POPULATED - THAT IS THE ANALOG CONVERTER HARNESS.) Verified that 12V was flowing to the positive leg on each plug as well as the LEDs in the Sanwa "ramp" holders are rated for 12V. I enabled the on output for every single lamp and tested for continuity between each point and returned nothing. Used a paper clip to verify which output pins were goin where (it seems 1P is wired up to this port) and still nothing. If I had to take a guess the output is being rejected entirely due to only having 8 instead of 20.

When I was plugging in 12V I accidentally let it bridge to the ground pin which let made the cab psu reboot once which is where that came from HEH

Back