What's new

Finisterre

Professional
Reaction score
I had an older World Series control panel with all of the cables missing, so when I ran across a completely cabled one I wanted to snag it for reversing purposes.
DnRNMeCXoAE-d6F.jpg
Once the secondary panel arrived I realized it had the .093 series Molex 1360, and 1292 connectors on it, where as the Japan variants come with AMP-UP connectors.
DnRNMd_X0AAKKH6.jpg

I started by sprawling out, and detangling the factory harness. The first step was snipping off all the zip ties, etc.
DnOnZCKWsAI-f0Y.jpg

I was able to loosely follow the wiring schematic. Things got odd once it got to the bat, and analog stick wiring. The diagram showed a 10 pin connector. I only had 8 pins on the kick harness to work with.
DnOnZBAXsAMybuN.jpg

I was able to pretty easily map out the correct pins by using the standard AMP pin out on arcade otaku. https://wiki.arcadeotaku.com/w/Sega_Naomi_Universal#Connectors_and_Pinouts
The buttons such as start, and A & B are on the 12 pin connectors. Simply use one per player.

The Analogue inputs for the bats, and sticks can be found here here, also on Arcade Otaku:
https://wiki.arcadeotaku.com/w/Sega_Analogue_Wire_Harness#Input
Untitled.jpeg

Post wiring attempt, I only had to swap AC0 and AD1 because I had wired them incorrectly, and as such my bat, and horizontal input for the stick were swapped.
DnRLyqnXoAA6CZz.jpg

Once I sorted that out the input test screen for the World Series game seemed to work fine. Likewise the game functioned as expected once I booted it up completely.
DnRLyqnX0AAFhew.jpg

I'll try to update this post later with exact pinouts I used. It was pretty trivial to sort out though.

The final rewired controller looks as follows, I was not entirely sure about the control panel chassis ground, but it seems to be ok going to the 2 pin (lamp?) connector. That seemed to match the schematic at least.

Here is the final wiring, before I clean it up with zipties, etc.
DnQ5kOpXoAAtGvn.jpg

Attachments

• DnRLyqoW4AEwffi.jpg
    DnRLyqoW4AEwffi.jpg
    147 KB · Views: 39
  • Naomi_cp_harness_pinout.jpg
    Naomi_cp_harness_pinout.jpg
    183.2 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:
OCD here complelling me to say those buttons are wrong, order some Sanwa's.

Nice work for the rest of it ;)

I believe that's what came on the USA baseball cabs... my baseball panel had them too.
I still swapped that garbage for sanwas though :P
Indeed, both of my USA panels have the same. I've got a Dynamic Baseball in JP config on the way, I'll update you folks on what it came with.

Back