What's new

Breakerpc

Student
Reaction score
Hello, the Sega St-v multi now has half a year and only 2 games are running. Mutibios ind lcd selektor are connected. He flashes the games and shows them off. But only 2 games of the 50th SD card have been formatted in windows. Have the roll up loaded and copied to the sd. I would like to play all games.What else can I do?

In the ST-V test menu settings, are you set to a 2p cabinet?

Try 2p? Also which region are you selecting with the multibios?

I saw that you can activate the sega st-v multi in the test menu. How should I set the jumpers?

My cab is a 1 player. Can I use the unibios probably with the different keys in the respective region?

If the cab settings are incorrect the STV will show you a message upon boot that they are incorrect.
Does it show anything on screen? Which games do run?

@Darksoft

Hi, the problem is clearly with the Sega St-v card. I've already tried everything. Can you take a look at the map? Has not worked properly until now.

Hello, the Sega St-v multi now has half a year and only 2 games are running.
What do you mean with that? The ST-V Multi is 4 years old and ALL GAMES except Decathlete work well.

99% of the times the problems comes from the STV motherboard. It looks like it kind of works, but it doesn't. Those SH2 CPUs tend to need a solder rework.

Can you show a picture detailing what exactly happens when you load a game? Can you try with another STV motherboard?

That's the case with almost every game. He loads the game and then only black screen.

Attachments

• B76A391F-938F-4181-B108-4749BB0547F2.jpeg
    B76A391F-938F-4181-B108-4749BB0547F2.jpeg
    873.2 KB · Views: 284
picture

Attachments

• D44A8231-C4AD-4A3E-8319-CB4C3C8FFBC7.jpeg
    D44A8231-C4AD-4A3E-8319-CB4C3C8FFBC7.jpeg
    689.6 KB · Views: 276
That shows that the game was loaded properly, it's being recognized by the STV mobo but then you get a black screen. Either your eprom or your mobo is bad IMO.

Either your eprom or your mobo is bad IMO.
99% of the times the problems comes from the STV motherboard.
Frustrating but true. ;(
Try 2p? Also which region are you selecting with the multibios?
As pointed out by ekorz, even with a fully working mobo...
Sometimes you need the right region BIOS or cab setup to include 2P or it also fails. :P
Golden Axe
OMG you mean this hunk of shit?
13146-Golden_Axe_-_The_Duel_(JUETL_950117_V1.000)-1.png

If its failing to load consider yourself lucky for not having to experience Sega's arcade "Me-too fighting game" moment (you'll also need a kick harness).
Unless you ARE @ekorz you do not want to play trash Me-too fighters. ;)

Life is too short/free time is too limited to waste on garbage.
17486-Time_Killers_(v1.32)-1.png

bloodstm10.png

Oh and I know I'm not going to make any friends with this suggestion, but yes IMO this is also Me-too trash...
timthumb.php

#noneofthisshitisallowedinmyarcade :D

Last edited by a moderator:
@jassin000, the STV will tell you upon boot if the cab settings do not match the game requirements, so most likely that is not his issue...

Similar to the Bios, it will throw you a message that the game was not designed for this region or something similar.

My money would go to reflowing the SH-2 chips.

@Breakerpc can you try pressing down both SH-2’s during boot?

@PascalP oh yea for the OP I'm sure mobo failure is his problem.

You really think reflow SH2 tho? Wouldn't the BIOS not even load if one of the CPUs failed?
5xNt4RU.jpg

He clearly has BIOS boot.

From what I understand, not all games use both cpu’s, so depending on which one is defective some games might boot while others don’t.

I think this info came from @Mitsurugi-w at some point, so perhaps he can chime in?

here is also some excellent info from @yavuzg, 6th post down;

ST-V Black Screen
mostly happens on the slave cpu which is located on the far right corner (when jamma edge facing towards you). generally people handle the pcb holding from that corner and when the pcb flexes, the solder joints crack.
Huh, good to know! :thumbup:

Yea press down nice and solid on the SH2 while you boot, see if you can make it load that way.
If so, reflow.

Back