What's new

Matan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi all,

I've build a rig for my MVS and willing to connect it to a Sony consumer TV that supports RGB via scart.
Do I need to place resistors or capacitors on the r,g,b and sync lines? What about power to switch the TV to RGB mode?
Any diagrams (proven once, not from Google) will be appreciated :P

Hello.. I am not sure if you are saying that the Sony TV has RGB built in via scart or if you are looking to add RGB into the TV..

The SHMUPS forum has a tread of Sony tv that can be RGB, not many TV and not much documentation since this is kind of new thing that people are looking into doing since any monitor that can do RGB cost an arm and a leg these days....at least in my area.

You need to place resistors on the R/G/B lines and I also highly recommend a sync stripper/cleaner for the sync line.
Something like the LM1881 is good for this, but I say do the full design with a low-pass filter/trap.

Full
q9XsOJB.png

Once built it looks something like this...
b5DHDQt.jpg

Not this lazy/hacky mess...
LM1881-01.jpg

That uses this stripped down design (missing the low-pass filter)...
lm1881_datasheet_circuit.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi all,

I've build a rig for my MVS and willing to connect it to a Sony consumer TV that supports RGB via scart.
Do I need to place resistors or capacitors on the r,g,b and sync lines? What about power to switch the TV to RGB mode?
Any diagrams (proven once, not from Google) will be appreciated :P
What's the rig you've built?

@Frank_fjs or @RGB are both Supergun builders who might be able to help out with video output info....

I'm using the Av Driver board, on my diy supergun and cmvs.

https://etim.net.au/av-driver/arcade/

And its connected via rgb scart cable to my pvm /ossc without any components in the scart head, execpt from 100-180ohm Resistor for rgb switching

Back