What's new

connor

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have two IGS PGM that are experiencing the same issues, I cannot get them to read a game at all. With no cartridge I can boot up the systems and run the RAM, IO and other tests just fine. When I put a cartridge in the system it will have one of a few symptoms. For example in Ketsui it will show the warning text of the game initially then the screen just pulses and the game freezes, it does the same thing in the operator's menu but occasionally it will accept inputs for a few seconds. Otherwise the system will either show no picture on screen or white lines going across the screen it is very inconsistent.
Any ideas? I'm convinced it's my Ketsui cartridge at this point but it is the only PGM game I own so I don't have another cartridge to test with.

Here's an example of the screen pulse and freeze I mentioned with the operator's menu working for just a few seconds

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uFZRnm5Be6I

I bought a PGM with this same issue. Is it one of the boards with the factory coin cell battery? If so, replace it with a working battery and the cart should boot.

If it has a barrel battery, check to make sure it isn't leaking and eating traces.

Lastly, try taking off the red plastic housing and then try the cart. Sometimes due to the wonderful quality control that IGS has, the housing stops the carts from making solid contact.

What he ^ said, but also the guy making bootleg carts supposedly did a terrible job, so it could be the cart.

I'd be happy to test for you if you pay shipping. I also may have a working Demon Front cart and motherboard if you want the best PGM game and a working motherboard... :P

Back