What's new

amplibax

Beginner
Reaction score
I have Chihiro Type 3 I pulled from a Maximum Tune 2 cabinet that I am trying to boot in my Initial D 3 cabinet. I have the system connected to my network via ethernet and I am trying to netboot from my PC using the naomi_boot.py python script. I am able to netboot fine using the Naomi now but not the Chihiro. I can ping the IP for the Chihiro just fine and when I send a ROM (got the Roms from gakmans link) the system responds but it just stays on the "loading a game program screen" the loading percentage doesn't show up and it just hangs there. I have jumper 9 in the correct position.

I thought the firmware might be out of date so I tried updating with darksofts new firmware and it actually worked... But I still can't get any games to load.

I haven't experienced what you're describing with my Chihiro Type 3, but both the Chihiro Type 3 and the Triforce Type 3 use different zero-key pics than the Naomi. Also, AFAIK the firmware that Darksoft provided only helped with CF and SSD booting, so I'm not surprised that it didn't fix your problem.

Since I'm using the python script, I don't have a zero key installed.

Yes, but for Chihiro and Triforce you'll need a zero-key pic no matter what. Mitsurugi-w or Darksoft should be able to supply you with one.

Actually I checked the 5v into the board and it was only like 4.93v. I bumped it up to 5.06v and the games are now loading.

From what I've read about Chihiro it seems for netbooting you always need a pic but it can be an original pic from a game of you are using the python script. I'm using a pic from Crazy Taxi high roller.

Back