What's new

TechnicalMonkey

Student
Reaction score
CPS1 Hyper Fighting, Rainbow, Redwave, Kouryu, Black Belt Edition, and so on are all versions of Champion Edition with only altered program ROMs.

Why not make a module that can fit in the sockets that contain multiple amounts of space, that are selectable by dip switches.

Maybe not all the games fit, but the person might want 4 games of hi choosing or so.

Good idea. I have a SF2:CE board, and hate having to pry off the C-Board in order to switch out the EPROMs. I was thinking of taking some type of pin setup, and connecting it to some type of ribbon header. I would then have two PCBs with the three EPROMs on there. One for SF2:CE, and one for SF2:HF. If i ever wanted to switch games, I'd just switch what PCB was connected to the ribbon cable and never have to worry about damaging anything when I pull the C-Board off.

I like this idea a lot but you would really need to figure out how to keep the cost down. I wouldn't pay $100 for it. If you take it into "real money" prices I would say you need a full out multigame CPS1.

Back