What's new

brizzo

Staff member
Champion
Reaction score
Hey guys!

This thread will be used for PC software download, support and questions :)

Step 1, Installing drivers for the USB chipset: https://www.ftdichip.com/Drivers/D2XX.htm -- Pick your operating system and follow instructions provided on the FTDI website

Step 2, Downloading and using SYS2X6 software:

Windows software package includes two programs:

sys2x6_usb_prog.exe = GUI version, point and click
sys2x6_host.exe = Command Line version, text commands

GUI version does basic tasks, write, read, backup your SYS2X6 USB dongle
CMD version does basics tasks, and advanced tasks including firmware update and selecting dongle if more than one connected

Overall both perform the most common tasks, but up to user preference. There are no written instructions as the process is simplified: select task, select file, and press start!

Linux / macOS software:

There has been a minor bug found with this version that I am still trying to resolve. Overall it works, but intermittently the usb stack stops send/receiving packets. If I throttle the communication speed, no problems... but we want fast transfers! If anyone from the first batch only has access to Linux/macOS, send me a message and I will send you the private build and have to do some testing :)

Attachments

• sys2x6_usb_win32_v100.zip
    388.1 KB · Views: 1,251
I would love to help test linux/macos clinets. I can use windows but I only use it when needed.

Found a bug in the gui windows version.. If you launch the program with no dongle attached it will continue to check until it finds it. However once found you still cannot flash the dongle and it complains about signature validation error. Closing/relaunching the app fixes it.

Found a bug in the gui windows version.. If you launch the program with no dongle attached it will continue to check until it finds it. However once found you still cannot flash the dongle and it complains about signature validation error. Closing/relaunching the app fixes it.
Can you copy/paste the message log start to finish when this happens? What version of windows are you using?

When the program is started, it tries to connect and fails if not found. It then waits for windows to send a notification a usb device has been connected, if it matches the correct vendor information it tries to connect.

Signature validation is when the program checks the image on the memory card, and it can only get to that point after other communication with the mc is working

Can you copy/paste the message log start to finish when this happens? What version of windows are you using?
When the program is started, it tries to connect and fails if not found. It then waits for windows to send a notification a usb device has been connected, if it matches the correct vendor information it tries to connect.

Signature validation is when the program checks the image on the memory card, and it can only get to that point after other communication with the mc is working
Sure so here's what happens in the app:
TfPMZbbl.png

The first error is on start with no dongle attached, all buttons gray out. Once you plug in usb the second error message appears but the buttons enable themselves. After selecting an image the last error message appears. This is on Windows 10 x64

Haha yeah that is definitely a bug for sure! Let me investigate, thanks for reporting :)

Hi,
I must be stupid, but when I plug the dongle in my computer, no any new hardware is detected.
I can see the blue light on dongle side, but nothing on win 7 side :(

@tom5151 I would recommend trying another usb micro cable. Are there any unrecognized devices in Device Manager?

Yeah. Gotta be careful. A lot of micro USB cables are just cheap charging cables with no data wires installed.
On the other hand, useful if you need to use a shady USB port to actually charge something. "Neutered Cable" I think is the "industry term."

Yeah. Gotta be careful. A lot of micro USB cables are just cheap charging cables with no data wires installed.
yeah for sure. It's crazy if you just check random cheap micro USB cables lying around 75% of them will be power only, at least in my experience

@brizzo

Did you ever get the bugs worked out of the Linux version? I am asking because I was wondering if it were possible to make a RPI3 image that would allow for the pi3 to treansfer the image as needed.

I was considering buying one these ( https://www.ebay.com/itm/3-5-LCD-Di...m3d557b47ec:g:2vMAAOSwm9lbjNy6&frcectupt=true ) set ups to put in the cab I use the multi in and leave it connected and change the dongle image from there. I was just thinking it would be awesome to have it as a true multi without having to take it out .. go to a PC .. plug it in YADDA YADDA. In this case you could just go to the touch screen and scroll to the game you want it to transfer to the dongle.

However I am not a programmer type and making this happen is waaaaay out of my skill set.

Maybe this is a bad question and I apologize if so: Is it possible to run DVD-ROM 246 games on a Hard Drive via an .iso deployment?

In that scenario, I should only put one game on it, right? (Due to how the 256 works?)
Depends on how you plan to use it. You can put a single iso file on sdcard/usb drive or multiples and control which image is selected from a pc or other usb host (ie; raspberry pi)

In that scenario, I should only put one game on it, right? (Due to how the 256 works?)
Depends on how you plan to use it. You can put a single iso file on sdcard/usb drive or multiples and control which image is selected from a pc or other usb host (ie; raspberry pi)
Oooh that sounds juicy. Have you or someone on this board done that? If so, what should I look for to make that happen?

Back