What's new

Sjlewis78

Student
Reaction score
This is the 3rd kit I've installed and the first two went rather smoothly. But this one is a bit of a headscratcher. As with the last two had a few bent pins, but bent them back.

Its a revision 4 with an installed G-Pal, so installed the jumper from cn5 p13 to pin 9 of the Pal on the solder side. Installed everything and got odd audio.

Removed the kit and 3 tips of the pins came off. Boooo! Reinstalled the kit and jumpered the pins from the solder side to the kit. Ugly but effective.

Double checked the jumpers.
Tried my known good g pal.
Tried my known good SD card.

Left with the same audio issues, any advice here?

Attachments

• IMG_20180923_164902-1600x1200.jpg
    IMG_20180923_164902-1600x1200.jpg
    662.9 KB · Views: 245
Have you tried the kit on a different PCB to isolate whether it is a kit or PCB issue?

I havent tried that, given how fragile the pins appear to be, I am reluctant to pull kits off of 2 boards but if that's the only troubleshooting step left I may have to do that.

Ok. So I fixed this, it seems this is due was caused by using the jumper wire locations that I did. I instead pulled pin 9 and attached it to the available pin on the multi kit and it worked.

Not sure why this worked since my other rev 4 board is installed with the jumper on the back and it works.

The wire should be attached to the pin when lifted. Glad that you had it working!

Back