What's new
I can say that jumpers would not affect the LCD operation. I have a kit coming to me with the same symptoms as you have. Let me look at it and determine the issue and then we can move from there.
Let's see what Mitsurugi finds out first, before sending any kits back.

@modology can you try to do a firmware update and confirm if the file from the microSD is deleted? After that is the LCD doing the same? I think that the problem is coming from the firmware going corrupted. Did you solder the wires for key writing at any stage?
Firmware and procedure is explained here: New CPS2 Multigame Firmware with Key Writing!!!!!!

@Darksoft
If I understand the steps correctly,
- unwire all the keywriters writes
- format fat32 microSDcard and put file "flash.img" onto it.
- Insert that microSD card and then power on the board
- there should be some flashing light to indicate that it's updating firmware?

yes, that's right. Notice that flash.img should be placed inside update folder.

@Darksoft
I've just tried to upgrade the firmware. Solid LCD and nothing blinking at all. Please check video below:
Sorry for you sir ... mine (is a 93646B-6 revision) it start after i put a cutter blade on the EXC5 (i don't have a key writing adapter yet) . I'm sure you'll make it after all !

Before
photo 3-2.JPG

After

photo-21.JPG

Attachments

• photo 2-2.JPG
    photo 2-2.JPG
    457.2 KB · Views: 154
Last edited:
On CPS2 it must be in the root, 200% sure as I’ve updated a kit just last weekend :)

Just tried again with flash.img on root of sdcard. Still solid lcd and nothing blinking
Switch to another sandish microsd card then try again.... still no luck.

sorry if it's too obvious, but how do you format your sd card?

i used the SD Card Formatter because somewhere else in the forum someone said other programs may not work properly.
Also i completely prepare everything on my hdd (unzipping, putting stuff in the right folders...) and then i copy the whole content in one go on the sd card

- worked erveytime so far...

I hope that helps - it sucks to get stuck like that...

sorry if it's too obvious, but how do you format your sd card?

i used the SD Card Formatter because somewhere else in the forum someone said other programs may not work properly.
Also i completely prepare everything on my hdd (unzipping, putting stuff in the right folders...) and then i copy the whole content in one go on the sd card

- worked erveytime so far...

I hope that helps - it sucks to get stuck like that...
in my case :
i have an old pc ... who have instaled on it a Xp Windows (mine was formated ... right click ... format ... fat32 ... quick ... done) and on it i put an "Old" decrypted set.

. I've used Windows 10 PC, format 16GB microSDcard FAT32 and copy "Old" decrypted set (which does not required soldering keywriter wires)
"Games" folder is placed at the root of the SDcard
@PascalP, no mac, but i don't know what windows 10 format does with sd-cards, i can check in 30 minutes...

Oops, missed that bit...
I use standard Windows format tool most of the time and no issues, must be sonething else then?

My Windows 10 format tool only has NTFS or exFAT as an option - i'd try the sd card formatter, just to be sure

I am using MiniTool partition wizard on windows 10. It works fine with other stuff that i have including SD2SNES, EverDrive N8.
Tomorrow I will try to format using SDCARDFormatter and see if it works

Back