What's new
Just tested on 4 different microSD card i have

Sandisk 16GB - formatted using SD Card Formatter software
Sandisk 16GB - formatted using Minitool partition wizard
Lexar 4GB - formatted using Minitool partition wizard
Lexar 4GB - formatted using SD Card formatter software

All of them fail, only show solid LCD screen and no blinking or whatsoever.
I really have no god damn clue what's going on here.
My mate is getting his unit in few weeks, perhaps I can bring my unit over to his place to test on his b-board because at this point i really give up

Not if the LCD is displaying text.

From my experience, it's the card itself. You might just need a newer one. Once I changed to a newer card and used the SD format tool, it worked instantly.

anyone from Melbourne can lend me the working microSD card from your kit?

@The Spaniard do you happen to have a working cps2 kit? May I borrow your currently working microSD card in your cps2 darksoft kit?
If the card does not work on my board then I can rule out that it's not caused by microSD card.

If your card was bad and you did a firm upgrade, it may have corrupted it, so I advice of course to do a quick test loading 2-3 games, but try also a firm update again from a known-to-work microSD.

@The Spaniard do you happen to have a working cps2 kit? May I borrow your currently working microSD card in your cps2 darksoft kit?
If the card does not work on my board then I can rule out that it's not caused by microSD card.
I'm in Brisbane if no one local can help you out, I can send you a working 8GB card...

Sorry man I'm not in Melbourne at the moment other wise I would.

Thanks to @djcalle who helped me out today.
Found out that it's the solder joints for the keywriting wires was touching the resistor next to it or something that lead to a short
After cleaning all up, finally the text appears on the screen.

Next step is to get a replacement long pin (which has been snapped off).
@Darksoft would it be possible to buy replacement pin?

Last edited:
*double posting just in case.
Here's where the short was:
miucKr5.png

Sure thing. PM your address.

I'll send you a bunch for free if you dont mind keeping them in case someone else from AU needs them. Sounds good?
If you could please add one for me that would be great, as I broke one during the install:
I can grab it next time I see modology.

Back