What's new
Cut that trace
Yes, I know I need to cut that trace, but it's alway beeping. I can't cut more than that, If I continue I will make a hole :D

Sin_t_tu-1.jpg

it's like Aldo said. Youre almost there and i dont think you need to go much deeper but just make sure that the cut is consistent. I use one of those utility knife or exact knife.

In my opinion cut and use a tester, il is not enough cut again
Of course, I always use a tester to verify, I make a cut and always verify , but it continue beeping after every cut.

Like I said before, tomorrow will try with a disposable scalpel blade.

It's hard to express yourself when no dominates the language ^^

Cut that trace
You are absolutely right. There is thin trace that connet the pad. I tried to use the razor blade and cut it, then test it with multimeter however it's still shorted. Any tips on how to cut trace clean and nice?
I use either of these, depending on how big the cut needs to be;

Small/precise cuts:

31aGooWCksL.jpg

bigger cuts:

STA510778.jpg

Gotta tell you guys that it was tough as to cut the trace. I cut it quite deep and it's still shorted. Only got 1 OPEN after half an hour.
Good PCB trace design i guess

Gotta tell you guys that it was tough as to cut the trace. I cut it quite deep and it's still shorted. Only got 1 OPEN after half an hour.
Good PCB trace design i guess
must say I find that surprising, I did it a few times and found it very easy to cut, just cut with a decent sharp knife like the ones I showed above and that's it.
Really the sharpness of the blade is key here ;)

IT'S WORKIIIIIIING!!! WOOOHOOOOO!!!

IMG_20180925_180046.jpg
Finally!! The kit works flawlessly. Thank for all the help!

And now I have another problem :D I can't close the lid (of course, I have removed the supporting leg) the problem is the LCD connector. Any idea?

I can't close the lid
I had the same issue. You need to remove the little plastic clip from one of the connectors, either by cutting with some flush cutters or wedging a flat head underneath and prying upwards.

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    226.7 KB · Views: 161
Last edited:
  • This time, I've cut all the traces and tested as seen in this video here
  • Then i plug all the board in, make sure all pin straight and seated correctly.
  • Unsolder all the keywriters wires
  • Plug in SDcard with "old" decrypted rom set
Still i see the SOLID screen on LCD and nothing happens on the TV screen. What's going on here. what have I done wrong?

To add more salt on the wound, on the 11th detach board attempts, one pin got bended and when I try to straight it up, it's snapped off... i'm so pissed and fruistrated at the same time
fLb7VBt.jpg

@CPZ - SAVEYOURGAMES
I think I will ship the whole B-board with the CPS2 Darksoft kit back to you. I'm thinking there might some issue with the kit

I can say that jumpers would not affect the LCD operation. I have a kit coming to me with the same symptoms as you have. Let me look at it and determine the issue and then we can move from there.

Back