What's new
Thanks to everyone for your input, I am very appreciative. While I'm not an arcade noob, I'm also not a pro with stuff post 1988 so take it easy on me if it is something silly. Of my dozen machines, only 2 are non-Nintendo.

In any case, once I get the address of where to send it from @Mitsurugi-w, I'll send it over along with my B-Board and will compensate you as necessary.

I know you’ve given up but i had the exact same issue after putting together my ds board after receiving it a few days ago. To fix i did a few things at the same time so im not sure what did it. Here you go below

Revison 6 MSH board
GPAL

Make sure the board connector is reseated tight between the two DS boards. Mine was raised too high. Used continuity to test from bottom to top

I had a 128 gb sd and formatted with a 4gb partition and left the extra as dead space

Discharged the exc3 capacitor as i had a battery in earlier

Hope this helps sorry if this is redundant as i didnt read every response

I know you’ve given up but i had the exact same issue after putting together my ds board after receiving it a few days ago. To fix i did a few things at the same time so im not sure what did it. Here you go below

Revison 6 MSH board
GPAL

Make sure the board connector is reseated tight between the two DS boards. Mine was raised too high. Used continuity to test from bottom to top

I had a 128 gb sd and formatted with a 4gb partition and left the extra as dead space

Discharged the exc3 capacitor as i had a battery in earlier

Hope this helps sorry if this is redundant as i didnt read every response
Thanks for the info! I have actually sent the board out to be looked at by someone who is much more knowledgeable on these kits than I am, so hopefully it will be figured out soon. Sounds like I was a bit ambitious trying to use an older PCB and an F Pal haha to further complicate this installation. Knowing how to service Nintendo PCBs from the 80s merely gets me a seat at the kids table in this group...hopefully I will learn more over time on the "newer" stuff.

I just got my Darksoft-Kit last night and have similar problems. I posted it on VLOP forum and here is what I wrote and hope someone here can help me out. Thanks

I have a similar problem last night when I tried to put this kit together. My "B" board is Revision 6 with G Pal and my LCD screen show the games and flash write once I select a game, and say "done" have fun, but the only thing show on my screen is "SCR1,2,3, Object, Work" and across from it is "Ram, Ok" but nothing else. I then tried with the key-writing wire harness, then my LCD screen goes blank like yours and the Darksoft board have no power. Once I remove those key-writing wire harness, then it goes back to what I mentioned earlier. After trying different games in the microSD card with encrypted only, decrypted games only, and with both for hours, I'm giving up. I was so excited to have this kit as I was like the last one to get it too before it was out of stock at Paradise Arcade Shop. Finally got it sent home, but so disappointed as I stayed up late till 3:00 A.M. Please, anyone know what might be the problem, guide me through hoping to get this kit running. Thank you.

Last edited:
So if you disconnect the key wires and load a decrypted game it doesn't boot?

It sounds strange that you have the issue with the LCD after installing the key-writing wires. That leads me to think your wires are incorrect.

Pictures of everything installed is helpful in troubleshooting.

I removed the key-writing harness already as there's no power on the Darksoft board and the lcd screen is blank when with that harness installed. I followed the instructions from V3.1 for the CN9 pin for Revision 6 and higher. As you mentioned on VLOP, I can play decrypted games without the key-writing harness, I removed the harness and put in decrypted games. Without the key-writing harness, the lcd screen works and the selected games flash write then it say "done" "have fun" on the lcd but the monitor only show "SCR1,2,3, Object, Work" and across from it is "Ram, Ok". If I reboot the board, at first it makes a squeaky sound then, my lcd show the last game that was loaded. It even say "now playing", but the screen still show at Ram, Ok screen. When I select a new game, the screen make that wiggly pattern, then it goes back to that Ram, Ok screen once it finish writing flash and say enjoy have fun on the LCD.

Last edited:
It's not fully booting so it seems there is a connection issue between the multi and the B-board.

@Mitsurugi-w I think the best would be if you have a look at this kit. We need to know where the issue comes from. Can you please PM him?

Thank you Darksoft. I hope to have this kit running ASAP as I've been wanting this kit for the longest time. I'm new to this and did not know where to order your Multi-Kit. I almost order from Europe when it was available for pre-ordered. I've read on different forums that this kit is very limited maybe 2 shipment per year with very low production also. Luckily I found out about Paradise Arcade Shop here in the U.S. and got super lucky to get the very last set on September 30, 2018. Since that day, I can not wait until I get my hand on it. I received it on October 3rd and get on that kit right after I got home from work. Since my B board was Revision 6 with G Pal, I thought it was going to be a breeze as it does not require any modification to the jumpers. Man, you should of seen my face when I boot it up for the first time with all the hope and the expectation that I'm going to have the latest Darksoft CPS2 Multi-Kit that able to play all of my favorites Capcom CPS2 games without switching game cartridges ever again. I was so determine to see if there's anything I'm missing out by going back to see Youtube videos and Darksoft instructions Ver 3.1 to make sure I got it all cover. After many attempts and after 3:00 a.m., I finally give up as I have to wake up at 6:30 a.m. for work. Now I'm really lost as I have to clue what is the problem. No worries, I still love this kit and hope to have it in my arcade cabinet soon. Despite the kit is not running yet, I already ordered the lcd cover from twistedsymphony. My love for this kit is still strong. Thank you once again.

Last edited:
We'll get it working whatever it takes. No worries. Please double read the instructions and check everything again. Let us know what you find out please.

Btw, having a Rev6 with PAL G doesnt mean that you don't have to touch the jumpers...It depends on the game that was loaded. But in any case wrong jumpers can only mean corrupted Gfx and/or Sound but games will still boot.

That's good to know as I thought wrong jumpers will destroy the board. My donor B board was from MSHvsSF Phoenix Edition and it working fine before I use it for Darksoft Multi-Kit. I've checked everything over and over but can't seem to find anything that I could of left out. My most concern was the jumpers as I thought if it was not done correctly, it might ruined the board. As you mentioned earlier, if it's not correct, the games still boot. I also thought about my microsSD card as it's a 32gb Sandisk, but that is ruled out as it does load the games and you can see it from the lcd screen. Egrof mentioned from the above post, regarding "I had a 128 gb sd and formatted with a 4gb partition and left the extra as dead space" "Discharged the exc3 capacitor as i had a battery in earlier". Could any of those maybe the problem? I can try, but don't know where the "exc3" locate at.

Most boards I’ve seen have it marked as exc5, which is located directly next to the battery :)

p1000460.jpg

Try doing that, making the card 4Gb and see if it works then.

Ok I’ll try to remove that ex3 and get a 4gb microSD card to see if it’ll work. Thanks

I don't think you want to remove it, just discharge it by shorting it out. I think removing it may be problematic if you ever use the key writing feature.

Yikes, now it's getting technical and I don't know what shorting it out mean. Please guide me through. Thanks

I saw the video and want to make sure since I'm a noobie with this. The video show the capacitor with 2 pin and the EXC5 have 3 pin. Do I discharged by one pin to another or all 3 at once. Secondly, as for the microSD card, mine is 32gb and it seem like it's working as my lcd screen show that it's loading, flash writing and then "all done" "have fun". Just to see if it might be one of the problem, you mentioned yours was a 128gb and you partition it. Should I do the same like you or should I go out and buy a 4gb. Thanks

Just touch all three pins. It's low voltage so you aren't going to hurt anything. Just don't try to do it while it is powered up. :P

Send me a PM if you want me to look at your kit for you.

Back