What's new

StalkS

Student
Reaction score
Hi not too sure what the issue is here but maybe someone will be able to point me in the right direction

I have Sega Aero table (100v) with a Nanao MS8-26SE (15/24 khz) that works fantastically well with any JAMMA board I've thrown in it (it is currently home to a SF2 CPS1).

I am trying to shoehorn in a Noami 2 and Netdimm setup into the Aero table using a Capcom JAMMA IO adaptor for the audio amp, image output and controller input.

I am powering the Naomi 2 from a separate ATX PSU (240V) as the Capcom IO adaptor cannot supply enough power for the Netdimm to function correctly.

Both the Nanao chassis and the Naomi 2 are set to 15khz but during testing I am getting a very weird shimmering on the Nanao. The image displays but it looks as though there is some sort of interference that is making it shimmer and distort. I have tried adjusting the chassis pots but there is no improvement.

I have tested the Naomi and the Netdimm successfully when connected directly to a VGA monitor without the Capcom IO and all seems good.

Do I need to add some sort of filter on the Naomi PSU side? I would really appreciate any help with this one.

Cheers

StalkS

Sorry - Just seen I have posted this into the wrong forum - Could an Admin please movie it into the Monitor section please?

A few things you can try.
1. make sure you have a good ground bridge between the two PSUs. you need to tie the ground from the two PSUs together so that they're operating at the same level, chances are your JVS cable is providing this currently which is not ideal.

2.Make sure all of your Earth Grounds are tied together too (not the same as the ground output from your PSU). Earth grounds should go to the metal cages of the PSUs and tied to the ground prong on your AC input. Ensuring good earth grounds in your cabinet is the best way to remove interference. I've fixed LOTS of audio and video noise, buzzing and other annoyances just by fixing the earth grounds.

3. the Capcom IO has a switch (you can reach it through the opening for the JAMMA edge) to go between C-Sync and HV-Sync you could try to see if that makes a difference.

Of course it could just be because it's producing an interlaced signal. NAOMI in 15K mode just takes the original 480p image and interlaces it to 480i Most arcade CRTs I've used (including my MS8-29) look like straight flickery garbage with a 480i signal.

Hey @twistedsymphony Thanks for taking the time to respond I really appreciate it!

Would you mind elaborating on point 1 a bit further? I am not sure how I would go about stopping the the JVS cable (via ATX PSU and Adapter) providing the ground over the cabinets own (which ultimately connects to 240v-100v stepdown transformer and then the earth provided by the UK mains socket).

I will try out your other suggestions when I get home this evening.

thanks again

Would you mind elaborating on point 1 a bit further?
you have ground pins on your JAMMA edge

you have ground pins on the power connector going into your NAOMI console.

these need to be tied together somehow.

-------

These ARE NOT the same as the "earth ground" on the mains/AC and should NOT be connected to the earth ground from the mains.

Back