What's new

LuKa

Student
Reaction score
Hi guys we have a empty Sega Naomi cabinet that is awaiting a Naomi mobo to be sourced. In the meantime we would like to put a Jamma game onto the cabinet so it gets used still. How easy is to rig up a adapter to make all the controls work with a Jamma board?

Is it a matter of getting some JVS connectors and matching them up to a Jamma harness? I'm guessing I might need a video converter?

I am happy to rig something up myself but if there is someone selling a adaptorr or cables we would be interested also any info would be great!

Many Thanks

Naomi has 31KHz monitor only right?
So you would need an upscaler aswell...

Is it a Sega Universal cab? Can you post some pictures of what you have? Most of the JVS have a JAMMA connection so it's just not that big of deal as you should have the wiring you need in place, or most of it. Also need to know for sure what monitor you have and what JAMMA game you are planning to try to get running.

The cabinet we have is the following:

netcity.jpg

The game we are hoping to pop into it is Sky Curser. Not sure on the monitor without cracking it open but I think it is one of the standard 31hz Nanao ones.

I'm seconding the Jamma 2 JVS aka Jammafier.

https://irkenlabs.com/jammafier/introduction

I just bought one to standardize all my JAMMA gear to JVS to get ready for a cabinet.
Most likely I'll put an OSSC after this along with a Sync cleaner that he offers as well.

You MIGHT be able to catch him as he had a couple spares after his last production run.

If it's truly a Net City, not a Naomi Universal, the monitor should be compatible with jamma.

Standard UK Naomi's have a 29" 31Khz only monitor installed so you'll need a JAMMA->JVS converter for the controls or you can build a loom to connect to the three plugs for the sticks/buttons and run it down inside the left leg into the base and use a JAMMA PSU to run the PCB (both solutions you'll need a 15Khz->VGA upscaler for the video.

(you will need some extra wires for speakers, coin mech,service & test buttons but it's not difficult to make a loom if you have the right connectors).

FrancoB used to make them and you can buy them from Japan - but they're not cheap via that route.

You may be better off knocking up a loom for the controls and using a Pandora/Game Elf (as it outputs VGA) if you want to get some JAMMA action going...

Reactions: nem
Awesome thank you for all the advice guys, I think we will pre-order the Jammafier and in the mean time get some looms made up.

Thank you very much!

Back