What's new
What game are you looking to convert to if you've already got a Cybattler?

oh I don't have a cybattler I was going to pick up a game off eBay or yaj to convert.

to be honest I could very easily make patched ROMs for a Cybattler, 64th Street, or Chimera Beast donor board but those games are all valued at 10X what Big Striker sells for, so I'd rather not encourage people modify them.

it might be different if the BPROM was socketed, and I believe at least 64th st has soldered Mask ROMs where Big Striker Doesn't, so where soldering is involved it's not really a truly reversible conversion.

in was looking at an edf. Ill just try to find a big striker.

EDF is not the same board type... it would only be suitable to convert to Avenging Spirit.

Just snagged a 64th SD and just happened onto this thread, awesome! I don't think I want to convert it as I was looking for it as a game, but a multi would be cool....

Following thread for updates!

If I can help with development in any way, please let me know. I don't have a burner and the board was won on eBay and may take weeks to reach me as well.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/64th-Stree...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

The board ended up costing me $275 USD shipped, which seems high to me, but I haven't seen it for sale anywhere, including YAJ... now maybe I got ripped off? What are these going for guys?

Thanks to those who have made this possible. :)

I see from the MAME source that the PROM for Chimera Beast is a undumped, but that it should be the same as the one for 64th Street, is that right?

Last edited:
I see from the MAME source that the PROM for Chimera Beast is a undumped, but that it should be the same as the one for 64th Street, is that right?
That is what MAME says, I haven't tested it personally though.

Gameplay is fine with the BS prom there is issues on the title screen tho. at least for testing. Maybe later there's issues.

The priority system on this hardware is the worst, it took hours to get the level 4 boss to appear on EDF, The way the games uses it is quite strange.

Big striker has a lot of bootlegs available for very cheap (best league etc), maybe these games can be ported to that hardware to save the originals.

Gameplay is fine with the BS prom there is issues on the title screen tho. at least for testing. Maybe later there's issues.

The priority system on this hardware is the worst, it took hours to get the level 4 boss to appear on EDF, The way the games uses it is quite strange.

Big striker has a lot of bootlegs available for very cheap (best league etc), maybe these games can be ported to that hardware to save the originals.
Cheers Hammy, much appreciate the info. :)

Best League is on different enough hardware that it has it's own separate driver in MAME.
https://github.com/mamedev/mame/blob/master/src/mame/drivers/bestleag.cpp

porting any of these would probably be more work than it's worth :-/
There's several on all different hardware.

That particular one is very interesting as it runs on playmark hardware... That playmark hardware also has bootleg of super world court the namco game re skinned.

Understand what they have done, and you have all of those on one board that cost a tenner. :evil:
*And you are not damaging an original..

well I'm having trouble finding a big striker. Found one eBay listing went unsold for 25 messaged seller said make him offee. Offered 45 said no then proceeded to post this forum link told me to make another offer. I offered 75 he said no lol. We gotta make these threads private people gouge when they see this stuff. I found that bootleg twisted posted lol.

Back