What's new
Thanks for the informations, i don't know if this cares anymore but the patch works on real hardware (BigStriker to 64TH).
I didn't had to change the birom, fortunatly.
It was a real pain in the ass try founding a Big Striker pcb, they are almost impossibile to find

20210622_145512.jpg
20210622_135346.jpg

I didn't had to change the birom, fortunatly.
IIRC There are only 4 differetnt bi-roms across all of the mega System 1 games so there is always a good chance that it wont have to be swapped.

I should also note that using the wrong one the game will stay play, it's used to control which graphics appear on top of which other graphics so some items might appear missing or out of order if you're using the wrong one and it might not be apparent until later in the game too.

It was a real pain in the ass try founding a Big Striker pcb, they are almost impossible to find

indeed, I've been wanting to find another one but have been unable to do so :-/

I've been searching for literal years so I can have a Chimera Beast board. Is some alternative in the works?

3 out 6 of the single layer type games need sprite bank 2 hardware sussing out and custom hardware for that.
Expect to wait another couple of years of development but i see good hope for them.

Out of curiosity what's the potential for 1C games running on 1B hardware? Hayaoshi Quiz and EDF are pretty common.
is it just memory remapping and security patch or is there more to it than that?

Using the big striker prom on cybattler just had some of the background objects blocking your view but otherwise fully playable.
Indeed , tried and this is what i got (anyway , here i placed wrong the eeproms thats why it looks like this and i understood what you mean -> the game with bog striker bprom is playable , is almost 100%) :

View: https://youtube.com/shorts/nuzjPS37Ekk

Last edited:
Back