What's new

chinitosoccer

Student
Reaction score
Can anyone tell me which chips do I need to swap between these 2 bottom boards to get my FL working again? board on the left is "Libero Grande" fighting Layer on the right.

I know for sure that "PC17" and "PC18" flash chips need to be swapped, but is there anything else I should look into?

s6OeQ3S.jpg

Last edited:
According to mame, I think it's just the two program roms (Fujitsu 29F016 2M x8 FLASHROM):

ftl1vera.2e
ftl1vera.2j

And the sound rom (Fujitsu 29F400TA-90 512k x8 EEPROM):

ftl1vera.11s

This is relevant to my interests. I have a few system 12PCBs that I'd like to swap the program ROMs on to change region/revision

Where is the protection stored on these boards? surely that would need to be swapped as well if you were changing games. Or is it stored on one of the daughter-boards?

Thanks for the heads up, I will try to exchange the flashroms this weekend, I'll update this thread with my results.

Last edited:
that's great to know. So you just transplanted those 3 chips + rom board and changed the game to something else. Interesting....
@Derick2k ask me when we are making a multi of this one :thumbsup:
Oh you tease

I’m thinking about starting an unofficial interest thread for every remaining system just in case, so I’m first on every list...

When we finish CPS1? :thumbsup:
Aqua rush for everyone! Just looking at the games list I realize I have like 6 or 7 of these. It’s a great platform but I’d love to consolidate to a couple multi’s. I hope you’re serious!!

(and maybe the pgm happens someday too? ;))

Last edited:
that's great to know. So you just transplanted those 3 chips + rom board and changed the game to something else. Interesting....
@Derick2k ask me when we are making a multi of this one :thumbsup:
Consider it an official ask.

Dear Darksoft, would you please work on a multi for this system, when you have time, pretty please.

@ekorz Quick, make an IC check thread, I got your back. Lets make it happen.

If a Sony multiboard for these games ever happens, shouldn't it be called Namco System11&12 Capcom ZN1&ZN2, Taito FX-1B & G-NET, Konami GQ, GV multi?

Also shouldn't be easier to make a ZN-2 multi instead? its based on the PS1 but rom boards are interchangeable by a simple pcb swap unlike Namco pcbs that require smd soldering which is a PITA to do it right.

If a Sony multiboard for these games ever happens, shouldn't it be called Namco System11&12 Capcom ZN1&ZN2, Taito FX-1B & G-NET, Konami GQ, GV multi?
I think you're confused. System 11 and 12 are a completely different platform from the ZN boards, which are completely different than Konami GQ and GV.

yes they all share the PS1's CPU but there are enough difference in the platforms you're unlikely to ever see a multi that supports all of them.

even the ZN1 and ZN2 are unlikely to work on a G-NET (despite having identical mother boards) because the G-NET board doesn't have a Q-Sound processor.

I think you're confused. System 11 and 12 are a completely different platform from the ZN boards, which are completely different than Konami GQ and GV.
yes they all share the PS1's CPU but there are enough difference in the platforms you're unlikely to ever see a multi that supports all of them.

even the ZN1 and ZN2 are unlikely to work on a G-NET (despite having identical mother boards) because the G-NET board doesn't have a Q-Sound processor.
They are all based on the same Playstation hardware but with different DIE and layouts, they all share the same hardware, same CPU (albeit some with different clock speeds), VPU and sound chip, only difference is the ammount of Ram, cpu clock speeds and arrangement of each component over the PCB;

The Q-sound should be easy to add to any system or arcade pcb as its nothing special, its similar to any modern post proccesing effect that works between the sound hardware and the internal DAC , its just that the Zn-1 and ZN-2 had games whose sound files were writen specifically to take full advantage this techonlogy.

Last edited:
Back