What's new
I noticed there's not much in the way of konami multi's. Is this because there aren't many games that share chips?

@Nodoyuna -- You can add to the list the Brezzasoft: Crystal System multi being developed by Brizzo. And the NMK multi being currently developed by Hammy.

@Nodoyuna -- You can add to the list the Brezzasoft: Crystal System multi being developed by Brizzo. And the NMK multi being currently developed by Hammy.
NMK not worth putting down on the list as nothing is fully running yet, give it time ;)

My bad, totally jumping the gun! Too excited to potentially to be able to finally play GunNail on original hardware!

Hi

Thanks for the suggestions... I don't have much time these days, but I plan to update the list with other people suggestions in the thread

I think I'll have more time next month during holidays :)

BTW, I thought Brezzasoft: Crystal System and NMK multi were only for making conversions...

So, there are two more to watch, that's great :)

If you check the Crystal System thread, what started a possible cart replacement morphed into a full fledged multi!

I noticed there's not much in the way of konami multi's. Is this because there aren't many games that share chips?
I think it's that a lot of their older boards have unique designs, but I'm still hoping a Konami GX Multi for Type 2 ROM boards gets made one day.

Find me a board I could experiment on.
https://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/402302891
https://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/f359944435

Any of the 3 "Puzzle Dama" games would make good donors/test setups. they can usually be found for < $150 with a main board.

You'll want to look at the games with the "type-2" ROM board.
Thankfully Konami worked their protection out for us since G-Parodius shipped without the protection chip installed and has code in the program roms that simulates the protection function.

index.php

As a result other games can be converted to G-Parodius by simply swapping on the ROMs and removing the protection chip and associated ICs. Outside of Protection there really isn't anything special happening on the Type-2 ROM board. So once protection is patched out of the other games than you just need to do some address mapping/bank switching to make a multi.

there have been some discussions on this:
Konami GX Conversions?
Sexy Parodius question

I have a number of these games if you do decide to tackle this and would like some testers. A good first test would probably be to patch Fantastic Journey to work without protection.

I think it's that a lot of their older boards have unique designs, but I'm still hoping a Konami GX Multi for Type 2 ROM boards gets made one day.
Find me a board I could experiment on. :D
I will send you one, this is something that needs another set of eyes!

I had a punt with twinbee after parodius but could not get the sprites code correct.
If you can patch one successfully, it's possible to patch a few with the same trick

Later models have several actel's and stuff not worth looking at.

This thread needs an update!
Namco NA1/NA2 [Hammy] - In development at 75% / NA1 System Info / NA2 System Info
Sega System 16B [Apocalypse] - Multi Info / System Info
DECO Cassete System
These can be moved from Upcoming to Released

Also Released is:
Brezzasoft Crystal System Multi by Brizzo
Namco System 1 Multi by Darksoft
Ringedge 2 Multi by Niko

Irem M84 multi - 75% complete so can be added to "upcoming" :)
ETA still 1 year haha :rolleyes:

ZN1 multi 50% complete. Needs co-operation with @Darksoft on the "flash system" due to high meg count games.
And i'm sure it's not only these on development ^^

Back