What's new

8bitforlife

Grand Master
Multi Boyz
Reaction score
ok when I hook it up to blast picture is garbage no sound and coin mech doesnt work as in I can't add coins to it by hitting its little level. Would anyone be able to help me.

I know it needs -5 which is the sound but adding -5 help with the other issues?

Last edited:
Just to double check, you're using a Taito Classic to JAMMA adapter right? Bubble Bobble is not JAMMA pinout

Silly ?? - Are you using a jamma adapter for it? And what are your voltage levels?
And yes you need -5 volts

Here is the pinout for Taito Classic game pcbs.

Maybe @caius can help point you to whats wrong.

If you get garbled/garbage video, it could be faulty SRam or 74LS245 ics.

Post some pics of the the screen.

2018-09-29_22-33-39.jpg

You’ll need -5v for more than just the audio circuit, unfortunately.

If you Blast’s PSU isn’t putting out enough juice on the -5v rail, you might need to look at a repair for it. My NAC wasn’t giving me enough -5v, so I ended up replacing a transistor on it and got it back.
I’m not sure about the Blast PSU’s but you might be able to google a fix for it. Either that, or get yourself a negatron and wire it up to your JAMMA loom.

I thought blast don't give a -5.
I bought this

JNX v1.3 Atlas Adapter with the works

Last edited:
Correct the Blast PSU doest not supply -5 volt, get yourself a negatron, does the JNX adapter have it installed?

the atlas with the works will. Need one for double Dragon anyways

Can you take a photo or a video of the issue you're having?

My Astro doesn't have the video ground pin connected on the edge connector (it isn't required as it's usually grounded on the game board itself), so I had issues with system 16.

I just installed a wire from the video ground pin to one of the ground connectors and it was all good. So it might be that, but if you can send a video that will be better

Edit: no idea where that spoiler tag came from, random.

Last edited:
I posted before I semi figured it out with you. But doesn't hurt to get my opinions as I'm still learning all this.

You'll get more solid opinions if you provide people with all of the information :P.

Back