What's new
doesn't it defeat the purpose by being on a large PCB? May as well just connect a supergun directly. Also the power wires look inadequate.
The power wires do look quite thin.

What is the downside here of it being on a PCB as opposed to a Jamma fingerboard?

No downside for me but everyone seems to complain about attaching a small and light weight supergun directly to the game board as they feel the weight will cause damage, which is why some opt to use an extension cable. Therefore my argument of what's the point in using an extension that poses the same so called risks?

Making a good quality extension is tedious and costly. I still think a flexible PCB is a great way of doing it. It will be expensive but the quality will be high and it will be a lot easier to assemble.

What is most peoples use for these? If just for supergun use, making a product run might be feasible with enough interest.
I'm going to be buying a few from Riddled when I buy his JAMMA switcher for my Big Blue -- shoving the CPS2/3 (and 1 when it comes out) multis into the ultimate 6 button fighter machine.

When I did get stuck with cheap harnesses I would replace just grounding and voltage wiring, also maybe shileded video. A nice product may sell a lot.

That does look great, neat idea using two separate connectors, one for power, one for everything else.

One of the best looking JAMMA extenders I've seen are from this Chinese seller on Taobao but its pretty difficult to by from him and his English is poor so can't sell outside of the platform.

https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?sp...41589MtxfIl&id=555605065631&scene=taobao_shop

He has a bunch of really good looking arcade and RGB related products.
Holy crap that's beautiful. I need to find me a way to buy from him...
Holy crap indeed. A lot of that stuff looks like a work of art, never mind the photography.

I'm going to try a Mike's Arcade one, but the best one I've ever seen is the Jasen's Customs one he was selling with his late model SuperGun.

I hit him up in Japan, but sadly he won't be able to sell more until he returns next year. Maybe someone should just copy his design, it looks simple enough.

https://forums.shoryuken.com/t/wts-...cab-super-gun-akura-dreamcast-hdmi-box/577750
From a technical perspective, I like that design from Jasen a lot and agree it's a design that should be copied.

I still think a flexible PCB is a great way of doing it. It will be expensive but the quality will be high and it will be a lot easier to assemble.
I agree, a flexible PCB option would be a good option, especially for those things like a 6" flex run stress relief.

I'm going to try a Mike's Arcade one, but the best one I've ever seen is the Jasen's Customs one he was selling with his late model SuperGun.

I hit him up in Japan, but sadly he won't be able to sell more until he returns next year. Maybe someone should just copy his design, it looks simple enough.

https://forums.shoryuken.com/t/wts-...cab-super-gun-akura-dreamcast-hdmi-box/577750
I like it, he ship mine with a Bob harness, pretty solid still after all the use. But I like this new design a lot.

A multi conductor cable with shielded video, etc.. that has some good flexibility to it would be cool.

I hate wiring and crimping, so I'd be looking at a solution with a small PCB with 3 x main connectors.

1 x 8 pin mini DIN. Use this for RGBS SP+ SP-and video ground. Place the female connector on each end, interconnect with a cheap and easily available 8 DIN shielded cable.

1 x 6 pin power connector. Be it molex, JST, whatever, just need a connector rated for high amperage. 2 x +5V, 2 x GND, +12V and -5V.

Maybe some form of ribbon cable for everything else.

Something along those lines anyway.

That Jasen's harness extension looks awesome. I used to offer something similar in 2016, but to be honest it was still a lot of work to assemble, no wonder not too many people offer good quality harnesses.

24041803142_8bb89eb847.jpg

very nice @RGB

If you would offer the fingerboard pcb as a do it yourself kit, I would take one and wire it myself :)
@RGB Count on me sir, just if you have some time to assemble few of these. I just trust in your hands. :saint:

Last edited:
Reactions: RGB
What is most peoples use for these? If just for supergun use, making a product run might be feasible with enough interest.
I need one because the stupid flash drive sticking out of the front of the Griffin Aerotech hardware makes it so I have to disassemble my HAS SuperGun to make it fit! :D

IMG_4960 (1).jpg
Sir ... what the "Griffin Aerotech" is ? :whistling: ^^

Crimping is a ton of work and not fun either. I've debated offering various harnesses for sale but I don't think I could survive the abuse on my hands and wrists; I'd have to find a company to manufacture them for me.

I'd have to find a company to manufacture them for me.
Just how bad are the economics of farming out small-run harness production these days? I've got some exposure to harness building where you're automotive-scale harnesses thousands at a time, but I don't see those techniques scaling down well without crazy startup costs.

Back