What's new
Should the Jamma finger be bevelled? I imagine no but double checking as I'm being asked if it should be and bevelled to 30 degrees max supported.

Definitely yes!

A beveled edge lets the pins of the edge connector slide over the finger easier and with less force.

30 degrees is perfectly fine too.

Im full of these :)

Does the ATX header have to be a 20 + 4 Pin or can it be just a single 24P piece?

The header has to be 24 pin but the cable can be 20+4. As long as all 24 pins are connected.

Ok great, wouldnt a 24 pin be better?

I am looking for a different ATX cable seller. The one linked previously does not seem like a good seller to be dealing with from my experiences so far.

For the ATX cable is all the wiring just standard ATX with just one plug reversed/inverted at one end?

So on the ATX connector pin 1 to pin 1 on the other end? Would this not get a twist in it?

Or is it like this?

Attachments

• Wiring config.jpg
    Wiring config.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 197
Last edited:
20+4 pin or 24 pin doesn't really matter.

The seller that oneleaf linked before is 100% fine, shipped promptly and packed well -- no issues whatsoever from myself and one other who's ordered from them. I highly suggest you go through them because the cables are tried and tested with this device.

20+4 pin or 24 pin doesn't really matter.

The seller that oneleaf linked before is 100% fine, shipped promptly and packed well -- no issues whatsoever from myself and one other who's ordered from them. I highly suggest you go through them because the cables are tried and tested with this device.
If you bought and paid and shipped with no interactions seems that would be a good experience. I caught them out lying and trying to pull a fast one on me. Doesn't seem trustworthy to me and those kind of sellers leave a bad taste. (Seemed to be some miscommunication, that's issues with dealing with non English speakers)

Either way I'm just looking to get the cabling sorted and trying to find out the pin order. I think there are nicer cables out there other than these.

Last edited:
I prefer buying the IDC cables pre-assembled.

Are the gerbers linked above the most current version now? Also, there are suggested parts in the main post for most of this, but what about the jamma edge connector? Is there one folks recommend?

And/Or, is there someone with one built or in production that's going to be selling these?

Last edited:
Check the "Project Sentinel" forum section for latest Gerber files and details about pre-built units.

Back