What's new
Been distracted by the cps2 multi but finally got around to finishing off the PCBs. Have all required parts on order too. Will be placing the order for the PCBs in a moment. Will update here once everything arrives.

APJE-EDGE.jpg
APJE-FINGER.jpg

Been distracted by the cps2 multi but finally got around to finishing off the PCBs. Have all required parts on order too. Will be placing the order for the PCBs in a moment. Will update here once everything arrives.

APJE-EDGE.jpg
APJE-FINGER.jpg
Forgot to tell you on the phone, but could you order me 2 or 3 pieces?, I got the $ for you :)...

Cant wait to see the final product, might need to pick up a few of these from you.

If anyone wants to do a group order to the US and same some $$ in shipping Im in for a few, let me know.
I'm down. I'd like one for sure, but would buy two if it helps with a group buy.

Frank are you only selling the PCBs or would you consider a whole kit?

@Mitsurugi-w will be distributing these too, so that may be a better option for US folk.

I will attach the Gerber files here so that anyone at all can have them produced and sell them.

I'm not planning on distributing these myself. My aim is to provide all the resources so people can make their own, or that other people can produce, assemble and distribute them. I've just got too much going on with the supergun at the moment.

The raw cost per single completed unit breaks down as follows: (prices in US dollars)

- 1 X PCB 1 (JAMMA EDGE) - $3.25
- 1 X PCB 2 (JAMMA FINGER) - $3.25
- 1 X EDGE CONNECTOR 56P 3.96MM PITCH - $2
- 2 X IDC HEADERS 34P ANGLED PCB MOUNT - $0.50
- 2 X ATX HEADERS 24P ANGLED PCB MOUNT - $2
- 1 X IDC CABLE 34 PIN PLUGS REVERSED - $2
- 1 X ATX CABLE 24 PIN MALE TO MALE PLUGS REVERSED - $8

TOTAL - $21

So that's the raw parts cost break down per unit. Don't forget that one needs to order most items in bulk, in lots of 5, 10, 20 etc so the price to order all the above costs around $200 for the initial order.

Additionally, please take into consideration people's time, assembly time, resources used within assembly (quality solder wire isn't cheap) etc so don't be offended when the sale price is higher than the raw component cost.

As this is a community based project I'm being fully transparent. I'm not looking at profiting from this, just want to contribute to this great community.

Attachments

• JX_EDGE.zip
    13.6 KB · Views: 189
  • JX_FINGER.zip
    18.5 KB · Views: 204
Thanks for doing this @Frank_fjs you make this community greater, I just popped the thread 12 days ago for something we wanted for ages, now it's already on fabrication.

Please put 2 of them for me.

You're all very welcome!

Kind of excited to see how they turn out. They're 125mm X 38mm and I did them in black.

I've ordered 10 units, but shipping outside of Australia is steep, approx $25. That's registered airmail with tracking with an average 7 to 10 day delivery time.

I've got enough parts to fully assemble and complete 5 units but only 1 ATX cable on order. Too much money for me to order everything on my own. Already spent over $200 getting to this point.

Gerber files are there for people to download...

Very nice, I'm eager to see how the black turned out as well.

@Mitsurugi-w will you be selling them from the US in black as well, and will they be fully ready to go? Inquiring minds (and guys who are about to buy a bunch from you) want to know!

Where did you order the PCBS from ? I will try this way maybe easier shipping to Europe ?

www.pcbway.com

$24 US for X 10 PCB. There's two PCBs so that makes it $48 US. $12 for ePacket shipping. $3 PayPal fee. $63 US all up.

@Mitsurugi-w will you be selling them from the US in black as well, and will they be fully ready to go? Inquiring minds (and guys who are about to buy a bunch from you) want to know!
Is black the preferred color?

Well I guess it depends on length and girth. Wait, what were we talking about again?

I think black is, but for me, as long as it’s all one color. I’m not a fan of multiple colors together.

Is black the preferred color?
once you go black you never go back :P
I can say from experience that's not true. :P
How big was that ?

Back