What's new

XtraSmiley

Legendary
Reaction score
So, I've been ordering a lot of things from Japan. I like to go there and shop, but sometimes, like here, auction sites are the way to go. Also, the Japanese are usually very clean, and pack well, and also are honest about their descriptions!

Check out what I won here:

https://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/t580619379

I thought it was a dedicated. Turns out it is a conversion. As I got it in today. First time. I guess I thought I saw the words "Arabian Fight" on that sticker. I didn't. Also, all the close up shots it is too bright to read. On purpose? Hmmm, maybe...

Any guess what "turd" I got for my $250?

rom board looks legit to me, maskroms and marked eproms. Do you mean that the motherboard has another title on the sticker or what? The motherboards are generic.

I would say it's a original as far as I can se.

Last edited:
How did you realise its a conversion?

The motherboard appears to be from Segasonic, though the sticker is really fuzzy.

ROM board looks legit to me as well, mask ROMs are all there. The EPROM numbers aren't really readable either but if it boots as Arabian Fight you're all good. As others have said it's as generic motherboard.

Ding ding ding!

It’s a Segasonic, with matching serials on the motherboard.

As far as I can see it’s a legit SS motherboard which is worth more money, but yes, the top ROMS are AF.

A Darkedge with a SS mb just sold for $170, a SS with a SS mb just sold for $900. I wish I had bought that cheap one, swapped out the mb, sold it, and had enough money to buy a TMNT TiT!

The board is missing the 3p/4p module (or the trackball module that would have come with SS.)
Screenshots also show it's set for 2 player operation because of this. If you have a spiderman or so, you could nab it from there.

It was pretty common for ops and techs to swap out the motherboards if they died on a game back in the day.

Crap, it’s missing a needed module for 3/4 players?

I thought it would be a cable. Ok, should have researched this a little more. Is there an easy picture of this add on board?

@xtrasmiley would you be so kind to scan those instruction cards and manual for us ? :)

600 DPI TIF should cut it.

you need it to play with trackballs, period.

Is there an easy picture of this add on board?
https://www.flickr.com/photos/67791588@N04/32989150221/
Thanks for this, I meant a picture of the 3/4 player module, not the trackball one.
Here's the 4 player io module in the upper right area of the board. It's the same for Spiderman, Arabian fight and Golden axe 2.

sys32_goldenaxe2_pcb.jpg

I took a detailed photo of it but I can't modify the size on my phone so I can upload it... Hang on

Edit: there we go

IMG_2865.JPG

Back