What's new

Nimmers

Grand Master
Reaction score
Anyone know where one would begin to try and fix this CPS1 A Board: https://youtu.be/U-s9AXesHrA

Apologies for the poor video quality, I recorded that then put the board away again. You can clearly see my issue though with that missing Ryu sprite.

I have swapped the game over and have the same sort of thing going on with a Daimakaimura conversion. Fault definitely follows the A board.

Last edited:
Just to Necro this - I've finally got around to looking at it.

This problem is odd:

The problem only happens as far as I can see with the Ryu sprite and get this: it happens on a World Warrior B&C combo and also on a Hyper Fighting B&C

So @Apocalypse you reckon this looks more like the DRAM issue you think? As in one of the 12 HM53461ZP-10 is likely faulty?

Have you tried running the diagnostics ROM from JAMMArcade? That might help narrow it down

I didn't know there was such an animal but I'll look now. Cheers!

Can it tell me which DRAM is faulty if one is faulty?

No clues here unfortunately :(

test.JPG

I had a very similar issue, Ryu's legs were cut off etc, ended up being a loose solder joint on one of the custom pins.

This was my issue, seems similar to yours.
20160422_102252_zpsogbh5qyf.jpg

I had a very similar issue, Ryu's legs were cut off etc, ended up being a loose solder joint on one of the custom pins.
Thanks Frank, on CPS-A-01 yeah? I'll reflow those and see how I go. I tried reflowing all the DRAM connections.

Yep. Reflow away, fingers crossed for you. :)

I'm sad now. The PVM in that photo died and is no longer with me. Miss that guy.

The DRAM is pretty reliable stuff, I haven't seen faults with this in the past.

SMD pins needing a reflow however? Absolutely.

Also, that floating to Ryu is awesome :P

14M4A - power IC blew to smithereens. Tube on it was great, ex ABC. I've got another 2 as backups thankfully, a 20N6U and 14" BVM whose model number escapes me.

Back