What's new

Paranoid_Andy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello everyone.

This is most likely user error, but here is my issue.

The games seem to load fine, however when I get in game, I don't have to insert a coin to play. I can choose Easy, Medium, Hard or MVS before play, but they seem to allow me to just continue as much as I want. I looked in the main settings of the multi and found the free-play option but it's in the off position and doesn't let me enable it anyway. The games themselves seem to have options like 1-99 continues, infinite and none. I've seen nothing about using coins to add credits kinda thing.

Is this just how the MVS Multi works, or am I missing something?

The games I tried are: Alpha Mission 2 and Andro Dunos.

Specs:
MVS-1 Slot PCB
Neo-Geo Roll-up Pack
Unibios (3.2 I think it is? I think it's the most recent.)

Thank you for any help offered!

*** SOLUTION ****
Swapped from Unibios back to original.

Last edited:
Where exactly did you check that it was in Free mode?

If you have a difficulty selection then you're probably in AES mode.

BTW latest UniBIOS version is 4.0

Thanks for the replies :)

Well I don't think it is actually in free-play mode. It's just behaving as if it is. Like, 0 credits showing, but I can just keep dying and continuing without issue. I went to the Multi menu to check in general settings to see if it was enabled where it shows the other DIP switch settings like, region etc. and it was showing it as 'OFF'.

Is there a way to know if I'm in AES mode and able to switch it back?

Should I check my Unibios version in case that could be an issue? I don't know how XD

Thanks @Darksoft and @Apocalypse

UniBIOS settings with mode and region should be displayed on start-up but it might not work with the multi cartridge as it relies on tiles present in some ROM of an OG cartridge.
But you can try with a normal game if you have one.

I have a 161 cart but that's it. I seem to recall it allowing me to insert credits when I used it with that. Not sure if that will work though for testing.

It doesn't work with the x in 1 cartridges either (only displays garbage on start-up).

Oh bummer. I do have an original BIOS chip still. Should I maybe just swap to that? I plan on leaving the multi in forever as far as I'm concerned. Or is there a way I can try to disable AES mode?

Thank you again for the help.

Instantly fixed! This is what I was looking for :D!!!

Thank you very much for the help @Apocalypse and of course for making these awesome products @Darksoft.

I can't wait to stream this tomorrow. My viewers have been looking forward to it.

Keep in mind while streaming that there are still some glitches that should be fixed soon with the help of our new menu guy. :)

Hello again @Mitsurugi-w !

Good to know because it actually crashed on the menu during testing last night and I took a screenshot in case you guys needed it for debugging.

Thanks for the heads up on that. My response to an error like that would have been constructive regardless, however if it occurs again during streaming I will mention that it's being worked on for the sake of good PR.

The community, product quality and support has been a very positive experience for me and it's something I always consider when recommending to other people. You guys rock. Thank you for that!

Hope things are going great for you all :D

Here is the picture in case it might be helpful:

https://imgur.com/mXUFUHz

Found this thread in an unrelated Google search. Wanted to post the correct solution:

Boot the unibios while holding A+B+C

Wait a moment to be sure it's loaded.

Press A, B, A (This will set the bios to USA, MVS)

If the Unibios is version 4.0, you can now press C to exit.

If it's less than 4.0, press down, down, down, down, A to exit. It already saves the settings before exit, so alternatively you can just hard power off.

Last edited:
Back