What's new
But wouldn’t make this high prio as the game is unplayable without the original hardware anyway...
I thought someone had patched the ROM to work with regular controls?
Maybe I'm thinking of another game?

Maybe there is a patched rom out there or in Mame, but the current rom in the roll up pack is the original version for sure :)

Was there ever any progress with the irritating issue of irritating maze?

So, Im coming from a different method of playing the game via Arcade Stick Pro - and there is supposedly a "controller patched" version that allows the use of controller and buttons to maneuver the disk. There is even a video demonstrating this. Apparently it was the help and work of an Italian member of the NG forums (Stefan?) not sure.

I've reached out to Razoola because in the early days I thought he was involved with some of the work done to allow controller functionality. He did implement the CHEAT that allows for this; however, when I run the game and activate the cheat menu - I get stuck (since i can not use the controller nor buttons).

This is the only game we can not seem to get to run. It plays and goes through attract mode, etc but once we try to start a game - nothing happens.

I was sent this "patched" version of the game but it still didn't work.

Was there ever any progress with the irritating issue of irritating maze?

So, Im coming from a different method of playing the game via Arcade Stick Pro - and there is supposedly a "controller patched" version that allows the use of controller and buttons to maneuver the disk. There is even a video demonstrating this. Apparently it was the help and work of an Italian member of the NG forums (Stefan?) not sure.

I've reached out to Razoola because in the early days I thought he was involved with some of the work done to allow controller functionality. He did implement the CHEAT that allows for this; however, when I run the game and activate the cheat menu - I get stuck (since i can not use the controller nor buttons).

This is the only game we can not seem to get to run. It plays and goes through attract mode, etc but once we try to start a game - nothing happens.

I was sent this "patched" version of the game but it still didn't work.
What happens if you only add one game to the cart and boot?

What happens if you only add one game to the cart and boot?
In my example, I'm attempting to run it via a hacked Arcade Stick Pro. The rom I was sent simply does not work and the regular one has controls and buttons locked out. There needs to be some sort of patch that allows the use of the controller and buttons. I know it is possible because I've just added modified versions of Blazing Star and Pulstar that Clear Paper has worked on.

Back