What's new

Paranoid_Andy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey all.

Well I have the Multi working now, so that's good, but there seems to be issues with some of the games XD

I was trying out several games last night and most of them seemed to work fine, but there were a few that had some issues.

Magician Lord - Audio sometimes doesn't work until restarting game.
Video

Irritating Maze - Crashes when trying to setup game settings. Tried this 2 times.
Video

Pulstar - Shows a copyright screen with red text, then won't let me continue. Tried this 2 times.
Video

Super Spy - Audio sometimes doesn't work until restarting game.
Video

Twinkle Star Sprite - Game reboots itself after a few moments. Tried 3 times.
Video

Shock Troopers - Crashes on first boss. Tried twice.
Video 1

Video 2

Full video can be found here if you're in need of more information:
Part 1
Part 2

I didn't finish them, but these other games seem to work fine:
Alpha Mission 2
Andro Dunos
Blazing Star
Cyber Lip
Ninja Combat
Crossed Swords
Sengoku 3
Legend of Joe
Robo Army
Zed Blade
King of Monsters
Ninja Commando
Strikers 1945

Specs:
Smokemonster Roll-Up Pack
32GB SD Card (Memorex or Sandisk I think, not sure if it matters)
Neo-Geo MVS MVFZS (1 slot)

Once again, thank you for any suggestions or ideas. I'm going to sleep now but I'll check this first thing when I'm up!

Do me a favor and try loading each game only in slot 1 and remove the games from the other slots. Tell me if the issues are still happening.

Man you're fast!

Okay I went ahead and tried again and here is what I got:
Magician Lord - Still has audio missing sometimes
Super Spy - Still has audio missing sometimes
Pulstar - Still stuck at copyright screen
Twinkle Star Sprite - Seems to be working now :D
Shock Troopers - Also seems to be working :D
Irritating Maze - Forgot to try it, let me know if it's important. I'm just tired :P

**Edit**
Oh, not sure if this matters but even though I cleared the other files, 2 and 3, it seems to leave them in tact because I can still switch to the previously set games on those slots even though they indicate empty on the selection screen.

Are you running latest menu and firmware?
What is your 5v set to?

i think the update to latest firmware is included in the smokemonster base pack which he uses - i more or less have the same setup as him, so i'll try the games he tested and report back

i posted a new firm and top file not long ago. Make sure you give those a try first please.

ok, updated to the firmware that was released by @Darksoft on october 10th - (today's the 4th btw, but i know you live in the future :D )
Irritating Maze - Crashes when trying to setup game settings. Tried this 2 times
this one was the only error i could reproduce, i haven't tried twinkle star sprites and shock troopers yet because @Paranoid_Andy said it's working now for him.

I always only loaded one game and put it in slot 1

if you want me to test something just tell me

my specs:
Smokemonster Roll-Up Pack
16GB SD Card (Transcend, sold by Aldo for the multi)
Neo-Geo MVS MVFZS (1 slot) with Unibios 4 (could change it to an original, probably European)

Irritating Maze - Crashes when trying to setup game settings. Tried this 2 times.
This never happened before. Maybe is a new bug. @deibit @Mitsurugi-w @PascalP can any of you or someone else confirm this please?

To be honest your setup seems to have a problem, not sure where it comes from yet, but definitely you got something wrong that is not supposed to happen.

I’ll give it a go over the weekend.

What do you mean with setup the game settings?
Soft dips via the multi menu, or something within the game itself once booted?

I’ll give it a go over the weekend.

What do you mean with setup the game settings?
Soft dips via the multi menu, or something within the game itself once booted?
it's in the video he posted a few posts back. It happens in the menu.

Is the Irritating Maze even platable with joystick?
I thought it needs a special Jamma interconnect PCB + trackball?

It freezes in the menu. It's a menu thing, probably related to the fact it uses a different BIOS. We'll have a look.

I thought it needs a special Jamma interconnect PCB + trackball?
and a special bios...

but there is a joystick patched version of the game, I'm not sure if that's the one included on the MultiMVS rollup pack though.

Magician Lord - Still has audio missing sometimes
Super Spy - Still has audio missing sometimes
Something is for sure wrong with his setup, I tested both of these all the way back on the beta cart, and they worked for me (first firmware update fixed missing sounds in Super Spy).

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry for the delay. I was sleeping :P

Hello again @PascalP :D

Answers to your questions:

I think I'm on the latest firmware? I'm using it out of the box but it seems to match whats on the firmware page here:
Darksoft's MultiMVS Latest Firmware, Menu and Instructions

I took a picture of my firmware and info in the 'About' section in the settings:
Imgur 1

My 5V is just the default 5V I think? I'm not using a HAS sorry! Spent my last money on the Neo Multi and F3 lol. It seems to play the CPS2 multi and other arcade games just fine though if that helps? I can share a picture of the supergun if needed, just let me know.

@Mitsurugi-w @Darksoft I went ahead and tried the single slot setup of Irritating Maze and it still produces the same error when going into the settings. The game always did load up for play and will run, it just crashes if I try to go into the games settings menu.

Hi to everyone else!

Thanks for the input everyone. If there's anything else you would like me to test, just let me know.

**EDIT**
I guess I should add. Yes it does seem to be I'm having some odd issues, however the only thing really holding me back at the moment seems to be getting the game Pulstar working. If I can get that functional, then I can live with it the way it is unless it's thought there could be a issue with the multi itself /shrug, however I'm happy to continue reporting bugs.

This is VERY weird. Can you try formatting the microSD and copying all the files again? Do you have a good branded microSD at hand so you can try even with only a bunch of games? A Samsung or Toshiba for example.

Can you also post a picture of your setup and how you power it?

Do you use an OG Bios or Unibios?

@Paranoid_Andy with 5v I mean the 5v at the Jamma edge of your motherboard, make sure that is set correct.
I don't think it will be causing your issue, but better to double check ;)

I will try to load up Irritating Maze over the weekend, I think I have tried it before, game booted fine, but couldn't play it due to the lack of trackball etc.

Will report back once I get to it!

I guess I should add. Yes it does seem to be I'm having some odd issues, however the only thing really holding me back at the moment seems to be getting the game Pulstar working. If I can get that functional, then I can live with it the way it is unless it's thought there could be a issue with the multi itself /shrug, however I'm happy to continue reporting bugs.
None of these errors happen in any of the setups that I've tried, except the Irritating maze because it's a MENU issue that will be fixed with next release.

Let's see if we can get it working properly with current error log and then we'll be happy to hear from you from more errors.

Back