What's new

GuileWinQuote

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello! I've finally gotten my Darksoft and i'm so excited!!...except for one problem

After flashing, games aren't booting properly. they either boot to a blank grey/green screen or into a jumbled mess

@Mitsurugi-w installed my kit so I do not think it's a problem with the installation, and I feel like i've made sure the kit is properly attached the board and all pins are in place.

The A board was working before this and had no problems.

I'm using a Sandisc Ultra 32gb micro SD with the most current rom pack

Can anyone please help? I just want to play games :(

Attachments

• 8wG-kBMP.jpg
    8wG-kBMP.jpg
    662.4 KB · Views: 203
  • QWmaOdEm.jpg
    QWmaOdEm.jpg
    781.5 KB · Views: 172
If mitsurugi checked it, it's either a problem from A-B connection or something got out of place during transportation.

@Mitsurugi-w can you please shed some light here?

He told me it was working properly and to check the connections. I didn't want to keep asking him personally so I thought I'd ask the help forum to get a quicker response.

I didnt load the card for him so I would start there after making sure everything is pushed together nicely.

Any recommendations on a particular card?

I've gotten it to boot to the first screen where it checks the ROM, only one line of text appears and the text itself is corrupted

That looks like a sandisk ultra which should be fine. Try formatting the card and copy the "games" folder from the roll up pack to the root of the card using a PC. MAC will mess it up.

Update, i've reformatted the card a few times, slow and not slow, have tried many roms and nothing. This is the romset i'm using

I've included pictures of the A and B board together

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    520.5 KB · Views: 170
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    777.2 KB · Views: 162
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    501.3 KB · Views: 188
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    479.5 KB · Views: 157
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    721.7 KB · Views: 177
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    527.9 KB · Views: 154
Is the LED above the ARM processor always on?

I'm sorry I don't know what the arm processor is, but there are two LEDs. One to the left that stays on, and the other by the microsd slot, which is what I'm assuming you're talking about, which flashes on for a second then turns off which I hadn't noticed until you asked. Is this the culprit?

The ARM processor is the big square processor next to the sd slot that says ARM on it. I saw the light on in one of the pics. It should not be on all the time. That's why I asked.

Ah, didn't realize it said arm haha.
Yes it only lights up for a second.
Any suggestions? I'm kinda lost and frustrated :( :(

It's hard to troubleshoot remotely. Check the pins of all eight connectors that connect the b-board and the A-board together.

I understand.
I'm sure the a and b board are connected properly.
I guess if no one else has any ideas, I'll try to test with another a board in a week or so.
Thank you for trying to help

It looks to me like the interconnect board (the tiny one) that connects the 2 boards of the multi is not sitting properly in one of the sides, the closer to the main PCB. Can you try resetting it?

I've reset the entire board, and still nothing.
I did notice that this pin is missing? I don't think I broke it as I looked everywhere for the tiny piece. Is it missing a piece?

Attachments

• jhkjjkhkjh.PNG
    jhkjjkhkjh.PNG
    784.5 KB · Views: 167
Hm, I'm just confused how this could have happened though.After resetting the board, I still get the same start up, which would mean it was broken before I even took it apart.
I shipped the B board with the B board case intact, but when it received it back from @Mitsurugi-w my B board case had been cracked when it was shipped back to me.
Could this one random pin have broken during the shipping process back to me? I have searched my room and the box it was shipped in for the pin, and cannot find it. What are my options here guys? :(

(I have included a picture of the broken B board case that I had already discussed with Mitsurugi when I initially received my board with the kit installed back)

Attachments

• tDYu4ejM.jpg
    tDYu4ejM.jpg
    346.4 KB · Views: 152
That pin will need to be desoldered and replaced. If I'm not mistaken that's the high level address pin for one of the mask ROMs

I wouldn't have thought that would stop the board from booting though, more cause graphics issues

Can you check for broken pins on the other board? That one is plugged into the main program ROMs and if not seated correctly will absolutely not boot

As Darksoft said, also check the interconnect board.

Is this the board you are asking for?

Attachments

• KXS8FLuv.jpg
    KXS8FLuv.jpg
    150.3 KB · Views: 152
that looks OK. Looks like the whole kit was hit hard during shipping...

Back