What's new

tym01

Beginner
Reaction score
Hi! I just ordered the multi CPS 2 kit and i am having troubles with the installation.

I followed every steps of the installation manual and i get no luck powering the multi, no power led or SD led shows but the LCD screen still lights up... showing square blocks.

I have checked that every jumper is good with a multimeter and pushed everything in place but nothing seems to make the unit power on...

I use a grey ssf2 host and it was working before and after (i have tried reinstalling it) the multikit...

Please let me know if you think there is a way to solve my problem because i am starting to think maybe the unit is faulty...

Thanks a lot for your work, hope we will find solution, i have attached pictures of my installation.

Tymour

IMG_20181007_205750.jpg
IMG_20181007_205810.jpg
IMG_20181007_205826.jpg
IMG_20181007_205845.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20181007_205802.jpg
    IMG_20181007_205802.jpg
    345 KB · Views: 181
  • IMG_20181007_205819.jpg
    IMG_20181007_205819.jpg
    261.3 KB · Views: 173
  • IMG_20181007_205841.jpg
    IMG_20181007_205841.jpg
    471.2 KB · Views: 188
Can you elaborate more what did you do? Did you change the PAL/GAL? Was the setup working properly before installing the multi?
I see your LCD shows nothing. Did you adjust the contrast to make sure it's really not working? Did you discharge the EXC5 with the power off?
Did you check if the interconnect board is properly sitting and making contact on both PCBs?
Which romset are you using? Decrypted or original? Did you try both? Can you try removing the 4 wires and use the decrypted romset and tell us if it works now?

Look forward to your feedback?

Hi, yes i have changed the pal with the Gpal sent with the multi, the setup was working properly, i did discharge ext5 for a few minutes and the interconnect card is properly seated, i have tried the Roll up pack, i think they are encrypted since there is a key file in the folder but cant find a link for the decrypted romset, can i try it with any rom from the net? I was thinking if there is no power led and no SD leds that lights up can it still be a problem related to the SD card?

Thanks

Tymour

can you try with the old pal you had? It could be a problem with a bad pal.

try a firmware update. It may have gotten corrupted.

I have tried to hook two wires to the jamma connector of my supergun to get the 5V and Ground but it still doesnt lights up...

Why are you connecting power from the jamma harness? All power comes from the b-board through the connectors at the top. If your LCD was lighting up then you had power.

Did you try updating the FW? If you did so while the wires were connected you probably corrupted the bootloader.

You didnt mention if you tried to adjust the contrast pot for the lcd.

Yes i have tried to update the FW, i removed the multi and tried to get the power from the jamma.
sure i have tried the contrast pot, 1st thing ihave tried...
Yes the LCD lights up but no power LED

Why did you remove the multi and try to power it externally?

I just started to follow the instructions provided here
file:///C:/Users/Tymour%20Azzam/Downloads/CPS2_Firmware_Update%20(2).pdf

I can't see the file but I believe you are looking at old instructions. To update the FW you only need to place the flash.img file on the root of the SD card and then boot the CPS2 multi. You will see the LED flash multiple times and then stop.

BTW there is no LED on the multi that is always lit. The LED is only on while a game is flashing.

I think the kit is ok. It is possible that if you tried to update the FW while the four wires were connected that the bootloader became corrupted.

How did you write your SD card? On a PC or MAC? What does your file structure look like?

Ok, where can i find the flash.img file?

No i never tried the update before with or without the wires, is it some thing you must do to make the kit work? If so it can be my problem...

I thought the latest kits doesnt need to be updated

No the FW installed at the factory is the newest but you may need to try to rewrite it.

Go here: New CPS2 Multigame Firmware with Key Writing!!!!!!

The file you need is at the bottom of the first post called flash.zip. Extract the flash.img to the root of the SD card and boot your cps2. The LED above the ARM should flash rapidly and then three times slowly. Turn off your CPS2 and take the card back to your computer and see if the flash.img has been erased. If the file is gone then the update was successful.

Report back after that.

I have tried but no blinking LED...
Can all my problems come form my SD card? The multi CPS 2 boots up even with a bad SD card right? I have tried with 3 different SD cards but not the one you suggested, should i try with another one?

I saw that the LCD should read ' NO SD CARD' if it boots up without the SD so my SD card may not be the problem right?

Back