What's new

8bitforlife

Grand Master
Multi Boyz
Reaction score
my top and bottom are not straight. I just got my convergence strips in to fix the sides but I'm not sure what's going on with the none straight bottom and top. Any ideas?

7u4sj05.jpg

Cap kit before you start putting convergence strips anywhere at all.

Honestly, top and bottom bowing in is a regular problem on the MS-2930. I don't think you will solve it with just convergence strips (or a cap kit). You could try reseating the yoke, but it's really easy to make it worse.

As for left and right, before you do anything, adjust SPC.15 on the chassis. SPC stands for side pincushion. You can try adjusting SPC.31 as well, it will have an effect for 15khz as well.

I really don't want to mess with the yok. I'm on an island and wouldn't be able to get new monitor. Iv never messed with one before. Unless someone is willing to face time and guide me.

Join the club. I have 10 of them that all have the same issue in varying degrees.

You could also try placing magnets on the yoke to pull the top and bottom straight, but honestly, it's not worth the effort. Adjust the pincushion, put the yoke strips in the corners and you will get a nice image.

I well get one recapped and rebuilt. But I found a rebuilt 2931 with a new fly back. Seller is just waiting on fly back to be delivered. I plan on replacing the other 2930 if I could find another 2931

You will have the same issue with the 31.

Personally I like the analog adjustments over the OSD, but I admit, in a Blast the 2931 is way easier to adjust.

That's pretty much it. I don't wAnt to have to take monitor out to adjust it

Back