What's new

Mitsurugi-w

Arcade Admini-Moderator
Staff member
Immortal
Reaction score
Item Repaired: UNI-SAN IMP-44-1090 Power Supply (Sometimes used in Naomi-based arcade cabinets)

Symptoms: All voltages present but after adjusting the voltage, 5V would not adjust below 6V and 12V would not adjust below 14V.

Description of Repair: Replaced capacitors on the inside of the supply. Replaced all 2200uf and 3300uf caps with new 105 degree caps rated at 25V. After cap replacement all voltages could be adjusted to proper voltages and PSU was returned to service.

M0U3go2.jpg

caps are the single biggest problem in anything with a power supply and on CRT monitor chassis's too.
next time there's a local gov't verge junk collection go looking for LCD screens.... change the caps in the power supply and you might just be lucky. or as you guys say 'dumpster diving' ;)
a friend did that and got a 47" Samsung TV working. Lucky bastard.

caps are the single biggest problem in anything with a power supply and on CRT monitor chassis's too.
next time there's a local gov't verge junk collection go looking for LCD screens.... change the caps in the power supply and you might just be lucky. or as you guys say 'dumpster diving' ;)
I have a bunch of PSUs that I need to open up and change caps in. The thing is most are Happ Power Pro supplies and they worked fine until I tried to adjust 5v. I turned the knob a bit and then 5v completely disappeared. Happened like 5 or 6 times in my home machines. I need to get to it considering the direct replacements are $40 each. lol

if they are regular arcade PSU's just get the cheapo ones like WEI-YA. they last longer and are simple inside and easy to fix.
For au$15 you can't go wrong. Even cheaper in your US dollars.

They are the PC style big box power supplies.

I have a bunch of PSUs that I need to open up and change caps in. The thing is most are Happ Power Pro supplies and they worked fine until I tried to adjust 5v. I turned the knob a bit and then 5v completely disappeared. Happened like 5 or 6 times in my home machines. I need to get to it considering the direct replacements are $40 each. lol
You'd think we'd repair these at my job, because the 5v pot going wonky is the sure sign of dying for these. but after my companies discount from happ, its cheaper for us to buy new, than waste manpower repairing these, so in the bin they go.

Back