What's new
would be great, put me on the list for one.

Just to temper expectations here, the jamma board contains the program roms and sound roms on Namco system 11 and 12 so i don’t know how the heck you’d get around that for a multi

Just to temper expectations here, the jamma board contains the program roms and sound roms on Namco system 11 and 12 so i don’t know how the heck you’d get around that for a multi
Maybe replace the ROMs with flash chips and a way to rewrite them in place?

Easy...
Maybe replace the ROMs with flash chips and a way to rewrite them in place?
Nope!

Replace the ROMs with larger chips that contain ALL the program/sound data for every S11/12 game and bank switch via dips before powering up/booting.

is3apja_d.jpg

Those

Replace the ROMs with larger chips that contain ALL the program/sound data for every S11/12 game and bank switch via dips before powering up/booting.
That would work too and have no load times. Assuming suitable capacity chip are available.

I also want to buy one.
Please put it on the list.

Like soldering a flat flex cable (FFC) to the ROM pads. Then the FFC would plug into a daughter board with the flash ROMs and support logic.
Yup just what I was thinking, a daughter board packed with all the game data and bank switching dips.

That’s some super fine pitch, I don’t see the average or even above average person being able to a) remove those cleanly or more so b) solder anything to that reliably.

But hey I won’t put it past DS to figure something out, just letting the folks chiming in here that it’s got this extra degree of difficulty involved.

maybe it would end up as a multi where pro modders end up doing the work, like some hdmi mods

That’s some super fine pitch, I don’t see the average or even above average person being able to a) remove those cleanly or more so b) solder anything to that reliably.

But hey I won’t put it past DS to figure something out, just letting the folks chiming in here that it’s got this extra degree of difficulty involved.

maybe it would end up as a multi where pro modders end up doing the work, like some hdmi mods
Yes, what I proposed would require higher soldering skill and specialized tools compared to many of the (nearly) plug-n-play multi kits found around here.

it looks like it's already equipped with flash ROMs, maybe there is someway to re-flash the originals?

Its only slightly smaller than the spacing on MAV N64, and to assist with the solder job you get this adapter...
small_10-adapter_stuck_down.jpg

Just breaks the feet out into larger pads so you can easily solder on the wire lead.
small_13-soldered_wire.jpg

These are .5mm
Yea its super small, but I bet a bath in liquid flux with some drag action would attach it.
Also looking at one of the unpopulated spots, it appears ALL traces are accessible in larger/alternative via locations...
urpr2OQ.png

K30 into the whole thing would sure be a bitch, but I'm 99.9% sure I could do it.

@the Goat yeah that looks like .5mm. Added degree of difficulty may be early era lead-free solder on there currently too. Anyway I think I’ve made my point, and I do still want the multi myself ;)

Back