What's new
These are .5mm
Yea its super small, but I bet a bath in liquid flux with some drag action would attach it.Also looking at one of the unpopulated spots, it appears ALL traces are accessible in larger/alternative via locations...
urpr2OQ.png

K30 into the whole thing would sure be a bitch, but I'm 99.9% sure I could do it.
what about using those little spring contacts that I see on raspberry pi power boards?

You'd need a custom jig to assemble it or have it machine-assembled, but it might work.

These are .5mm
Yea its super small, but I bet a bath in liquid flux with some drag action would attach it.Also looking at one of the unpopulated spots, it appears ALL traces are accessible in larger/alternative via locations...
urpr2OQ.png

K30 into the whole thing would sure be a bitch, but I'm 99.9% sure I could do it.
what about using those little spring contacts that I see on raspberry pi power boards?
You'd need a custom jig to assemble it or have it machine-assembled, but it might work.
That could would work. But it would be much more expensive than soldering a FFC to the same locations.

also I'm looking at my Soul Calibur PCB right now and it looks like all the game data is on the long daughterboard towards the left of the JAMMA edge.

Are there multiple PCB variants?

EDIT: wait nevermind, found the flash ICs you were talking about.

Last edited:
also I'm looking at my Soul Calibur PCB right now and it looks like all the game data is on the long daughterboard towards the left of the JAMMA edge.
the actual program data is not stored there. All system 12 games store their program data on the small flash roms near the back edge of the main pcb... usually only 2 or 4 of them. The daughterboard is used for graphical assets on larger games.

Hmm, I've been going back and forth on this one, but screw it, I'm in.

It will allow me to sell some PCBs off and consolidate!

Hmm, maybe I could mod this ttt1 board I have. I'm interested.

Registering my interest as well!

Back